AN 'get together' discussions

Guest lyn

Guest pete falloon
Originally posted by waterman1013:

But come to that, the last time we were there I found the remnants of a joint.

er yes, yes

But Mike, why on earth would anyone want to leave good pieces of meat lying around, 'specially during the F&M crisis rolleyes.gif

Guest waterman1013

Past experience with SACG, it is where we meet.

Pete - there wasn't any "meat" left mate!! frown.gif

Paul Can you organise tickets for a match at Molyneiux? The we could see my favourite footie team on Saturday and get it together on Sunday. YeeHa. biggrin.gif

Mike

[This message has been edited by waterman1013 (edited 05 March 2001).]

[This message has been edited by waterman1013 (edited 05 March 2001).]

Guest coley

Hi! Although I may not be able to make a midlands get-together (no car/thrashed motorbike in need of loving care ie clutch/bad back) i will endeavor to help as much as possible!

Cheers

Pete

Guest Paul Williams

Mike, i phoned up molinuex, they said never mind a ticket, what size boots do you want!!!

well we are struggling a little!!

Guest waterman1013

Paul

Oh, how the mighty are fallen, eh?

If I had any boots, I wouldn't do them much good. I only ever played with an oval ball. My sports master told me to give up soccer, because I treated the opposition the same way I did when I played rugby. They had the ball, I wanted it, I took it. They did not like that.

They wouldn't let me play hockey, for the same reason. Only there it was worse, because I was armed. biggrin.gif

Still look at this way, there are only three leagues below us at the moment. Sooner or later all that money must produce something and then the pheonix will rise and golden days will reign over Molyniuex. The trouble is I think I shall be long gone when it happens. frown.gif

Mike

Guest phil dean

Happy to help but doubt i can attend as due to get married this spring

as to the club, yes,

financial ideas are more my cup of tea than anything else, you have links through to commercial companies, are direct sales out of the picture?

perhaps contributers would be willing to give up some time and "auction" there skills for a day, an hour whatever,

eg. a days fishing at xyz complex

in my case some free advice on a fisheries lease/ a free will whatever

for a specimin expert, a days fishing at a prime spot with them (if we're ever allowed to go fishing again)

i'm sure everyone has something to offer without having to put there hand in their pocket.

sorry if you think that this is all rubbish

i am interested in the club however.

[This message has been edited by phil dean (edited 05 March 2001).]

Guest RobStubbs

Lyn,

I too would say Yes, and yes. However I would prefer it was at somewhere with a bit of water nearby. What's the problem with a fishing meet ? It would also probably be cheaper than hiring somewhere as well - I'd personally be more inclined to travel further if I could wet a line at the same time.

Rob.

Guest Leon Roskilly
Originally posted by RobStubbs:

Lyn,

I too would say Yes, and yes.  However I would prefer it was at somewhere with a bit of water nearby.  What's the problem with a fishing meet ?  It would also probably be cheaper than hiring somewhere as well - I'd personally be more inclined to travel further if I could wet a line at the same time.

Rob.

Well, my car knows the way to the Six Hills now. But then again I seem to spend more time in conference rooms talking about fishing than I do fishing these days.

Somewhere with a large meeting room, cheap accomodation, a bar and a lake/river outside, not subject to F&M mouth restrictions would be perfect.

Failing that, I'd vote for the Six Hills.

Tight Lines - leon