the barbel

Guest john

hi guys me again.re.earlier posting about stealing fish etc.i would just like to say that i am the person who caught the said barbel from the dove,thanks to hornet,or whatever his name is,for telling the whole world the exact spot!!!

Guest Keith Truscott

Hi John,

Well done on catching it but I am sure if you had wanted us all to know where you had caught it from you would have told us, I don't think we needed Hornet to tell us no matter how well informed he thinks he is, i think most sreious Barbel anglers have sussed him.

Some people on this board think because of there so-called superior knowledge have a divine right to tell us what they consider we should know.

At the end of the day we are all anglers forget the politics we are just simple anglers that enjoy there sport for what it is. At the end of the day if we need to stand together to fight what ever opresser want's to undermine angling then we will ( that is the nature of angling and anglers) but in the meantime lets get on and enjoy our sport.

Good luck now go and catch some more.

Keith

Guest Graham E

John, great fish, let others have a try, if you are like Jonty you probably don't want to catch it again anyway.(not for a year or so) Go and find an even bigger or more beautiful one.

Guest the hornet

It was an exceptional fish, congratulations.

I hardly think anyone on this web-site will head straight to the Dove.

Having the fish mentioned in H,L&S will hardly encourage people to stay away, and droves of people will head for the river. The exact spot is irrelevant as it will have moved up or down river. It's a big club, and unfortunately word travels fast.

Congratulations on an excellent fish.

[This message has been edited by the hornet (edited 09 December 2000).]

Originally posted by Phil:

What is H,L&S? - I apologise for my ignorance:-)

Phil, it is the thrice-yearly newsletter of the Prince Albert Angling Association, based in Macclesfield, Cheshire.

Jonty