Zander Cull

Guest dave k

Guest Adrian

As John says, they are not native to UK waters. If they cause a problem in one water, then why not control them?.

I wonder what type of self serving individuals stocked them in the first place?.

Just a thought, but if a water needs a few predators could not 'triploid' zander for example be used. Rather like the triploid rainbows in trout waters, they do all the things fish do except breed. We could ensure a predator presence without a take over. Sounds like utopia to me. Or is there a practical problem?.

Adrian

Guest Danny H
Originally posted by John S:

Just to play Devil's Advocate here....  Zander aren't an indigenous species in this country, and as such this cull could be seen as merely returning the water to its' normal condition.  

Let's go all the way, and do the Carp as well + catfish.

As far as I can see Zander have now been with us as long as 80% of the immigrants in the U.K-there here to stay-accept them