Any info on Decoy Lakes?

dizidave

Dave

I haven't fished it this year yet, but did a couple of times last year. The favourite bait is catfood, 3 or 4 tins will last you a day and fish the pole or a waggler to the island features. There are a lots of rules though like no method feeders,maximum hook a size 12 and barbless only. No keepnets allowed except in matches and all nets are supplied even landing nets.There are others but can't remember them all. You would be better off phoning the fishery if it is just pleasure you are going for as it will probably be booked up. The phone number is 01733 202230. There is 6 lakes but they are all fished the same way. I hope this helps you a bit

Seph

Paul

Yep, be careful on the rules - I got thrown off once for using a hook with the barb crushed flat - I didn't read the sign to say that even they are not allowed, and didn't realise! They re very strict and WILL come and check your rig. I've fished it a few times, and always did well fishing corn on the hook and baiting with hemp. Pellet is also popular. I'd recommend six island lake for your first trip, a good mix fish and doesn't tend to get too busy. If you want bigger carp, try the beastie lake, but be warned they go to 20lb and scrap like hell!