Medway Mullet

waynet

I’ve started to develop an interest in Mullet fishing on the Medway. I’ve read the articles here with interest but would appreciate it if anyone could offer some further advice. In particular any tips on locations around the Medway area would be appreciated. I’ve tried Gillingham Pier but it was rather busy for my tastes and some of the characters are a little scary! I believe that Sun Pier is no longer fishable from what I have read. I also looked at the area around Otterham Creek which looks a little more to my tastes but the water seems very shallow – has anyone tied fishing this area?

Finally does anyone know if the Medway Muller Group is still in existence and if so how to make contact?

• 2 weeks later...
I’ve started to develop an interest in Mullet fishing on the Medway. I’ve read the articles here with interest but would appreciate it if anyone could offer some further advice. In particular any tips on locations around the Medway area would be appreciated. I’ve tried Gillingham Pier but it was rather busy for my tastes and some of the characters are a little scary! I believe that Sun Pier is no longer fishable from what I have read. I also looked at the area around Otterham Creek which looks a little more to my tastes but the water seems very shallow – has anyone tied fishing this area?

Finally does anyone know if the Medway Muller Group is still in existence and if so how to make contact?

I'll send you a PM.

I don't report my Medway catches as commercials read this and other forums for info, then move in and wipe the stock out. Gillingham pier is an example, lots of large Mullet, all netting out by gill netters overnight ( yep in the early hours ).

Andrew Boyd

Andrew

let me know when you are next down and we could catch up, it's ages since we had a Medway Mullet Group meeting.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.