Where to fish - Nottingham

Guest poplar41

Guest Keith Truscott

Hi again Poplar,

Are you new to fishing as i would hate to try and teach my grandmother to suck eggs as they say Mi Duck!! in Nottingham.

Theres only one river and that is still the glorious Trent, the river might have changed then so do the methods that we have to use, in my opinion the Trent over the next few years will start to break records, i know of at least two 15lb Barbel that have been caught from it this season and that is without all the boilies and and othe HNV baits contributing. Certain carp anglers know the potenial of the river and they fight like the clappers. Even the roach and chub fishing is coming back but not to the old methods of a gallon of maggots slim sticks. Try Bread, feeding small balls of mashed then trotting flake through you might be surprised at the end of the day.

But most importantly walk the banks talk to the few anglers that are fishing on some of the remoter stretches and learn from them, there are quite a few dedicated Trent Anglers that are fishing it on a regular basis and travelling a lot of miles to do, there not blanking some of the mixed bags have to be seen to be believed.

Good Luck

Keith