"The Mother" of all AN Fish/Teach ins?

Guest BUDGIE

Not been on much recently.More reading than witing!The reason for this is that this time of year I am very busy sorting out the calander for our Catfish trips.As most of you know I work for European Catfish Trips as a guide.By this time of year all of our major bookings have been confirmed and paid for."All" that remains on the administration front before going abroad again is to work out our "specials".What we do to make our time abroad more productive is too look at periods on the calender where we are not fully booked or have gaps.These we try to fill in by putting customers together and offering good discounts on trips specifically put together to fill in these gaps.A big job but important as it is achieving this fully booked (and therefore fully employed)status that makes the difference between a poor and a good year financialy.Any way enough of the why fores.Elton has kindly given me permission to post the details of these "specials" on this forum.(Many thanks Elton)As soon as they are confirmed I will post.

Now we get to the main point of this post!Whilst sorting out these trips and juggling the expense figures I had an idea.Back in the winter we had a Pike fish in/teach in which much to my suprise and pleasure apeared to be enjoyed by all.Due to this I have tried my best to make time for the Kempsey fish in.Unfortunately it looks as if I am not going to be able to swing it.A shame because as well as it looking like it is going to be a good do I was really (much to my suprise tongue.gif )looking forward to seeing some of you again and meeting others.Being away more or less all summer I will not be able to attend any others.So if the mountain can not come to Mohamed etc etc......

I have a period in the summer where I get a week free of bookings this I can be reasonably flexible on.Due to being booked either side it is not really worth my while comming home.I normally sleep for a week!or go and do a bit of carp or barbel fishing.So how about an Anglers Net Catfish Fish in/Teach in on the Saonne? eek.gifThe fat guys finally lost it you are saying!One Kebab too many! too far, too expensive,got no gear,got no transport,all too heavy!Well hear me out and read this rough outline and let me know if anyone would be up for it.The trip would be from weekend to weekend,transport (minibus)supplied,accomodation(only basic chalets mind you),all tackle,boats ,outboards,fuel,echo sounders,licences and guiding/instruction etc etc.It would be pretty laid back and we would cover all of the standard big Cat methods from both bank and boat.Luke has kindly agreed to take a few of you out too so you can all meet an angling telly star! rolleyes.gifWe would obviously have to charge but I have persuaded Luke that you are all good guys(and girls)and it would be great publicity and we might get some new long term customers out of it!Due to this he says that I can offer it for £420 per person based on 5 people going.All you would need to bring would be some clothes,sleeping bag a bit of money for food and beer!All cooking facilities are there as well as a bar resteraunt, swimming pool etc.You would all meet at a mutually agreed point and Mark our driver would bring you down(about 7-8hours) Well thats the rough outline let me know if you are up for it and if enough are I will gice more exact details.The exact time of year will be chosen to suit the majority.It will be in the summer months though.This is not the real top time for a big fish but the weather is great and the fishing reasonable.Average size caught is around 75lb.Let me know. biggrin.gif

budgie ,that sounds great.work commitment.wife children etc allowing.i would love to go.i hav'nt mentioned it yet.got to choose the right moment you know.but please keep me informed .price sounds good to.is it possible to have a day carpbarbel fishing?just a thought big al

Guest RobStubbs

Budgie,

I'm deffinately interested, like Alan dates may influence things but so far I have nothing much planned for the summer.

Cheers,

Rob.

Guest Graham E

Budgie. A BIG shame if you can't make Kempsey.

In the decking business the peaktime is after the Ideal HS.(end March) Goes potty and I can make "Mega" so very restricted. I will have a week sometime. If that co-incides with your dates so much the better.

Hope Luke's hand/arms heal eventually!

Graham E

I would love to come but for me it is a bit late to get hold of the cash (i am only 17 and work part time in a supermarket)

will u be hopeing to do a simarla sort of event the year after ?

Well thats a couple of you interested I will post some dates and we will see if they are suitable.It is a great crack on the Saonne, a lot more relaxed than some of our other trips.Rik no problem mate you can have a crack at what you want.As we only fish from midday untill dark wink.gif there is some free time.In fact play your cards right and Luke might let you have a couple of sessions on our new carp lake (Did a 45 and 47 on our initial trip and we aint no Carp experts,just chucked some maize in!)

[This message has been edited by BUDGIE (edited 21 February 2001).]