Sign in to follow this  
vickershaft

Fishing around wigan

Hi as I said in my other post I'm new to the sport and would love it if anyone could give me advice on fishing spots in Wigan.

I live just off poolstock lane so I'm close to scotchmans flash but I've read mixed reviews on it, So can anyone help me with some good waters for a starter.

Cheers Gaz

Hi as I said in my other post I'm new to the sport and would love it if anyone could give me advice on fishing spots in Wigan.

I live just off poolstock lane so I'm close to scotchmans flash but I've read mixed reviews on it, So can anyone help me with some good waters for a starter.

Cheers Gaz

Hi Gaz,

Loads of waters around you from the canal at Poolstock, Red Ponds near the railway line on way to Saddle junction, Scot Lane (figure of 8) near stadium way and Houghtons Pond opposite the renault dealer (beech hill), also the canal behind the DW nr the lock gates, and then of course the river douglas in the same area.

I would check out the Wigan and district angling society website google WDAA some of the ones I mentioned are their waters though you may be able to fish on a day ticket bought from the bailiff on the bank.

If you want plenty more ask at your local tackle shop.... Daves Tackle opposite the BP garage nr sainsburys and up from the roundabout.

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates