wyton lakes anyone?

andy_moule

andy_moule:

Has anyone fished wyton lakes, nr St Ives? I was thinking of going there on Saturday but don't know anything about tactics, rules etc.

Never heard of them myself. Nip into St Ives Angling Centre and speak with Trevor (Jones) he owns the shop and has a vast knowledge of local waters. Will probaby try and sell you a season ticket for St Ives lakes as he's also involved with the local club. These are really nice established gravel pits and well worth the £40 season ticket. Bit late for the tench (I've had a good summer, taking loads around the 4 1/2 to 6lbs mark)but good shoals of bream should be on the move shortly and the pike go pretty big too. Good value for money fishing!!!

Sorry I can't help with Wyton Lakes but I'm sure Trev will (tell him Phil Parfitt sent you).

Where abouts in Wyton are the lakes???

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.