Tackle Shops and hard times

Guest Alan Pearce

Guest Alan Pearce

The tackle shops in my region have really taken a bashing this winter. First there were the floods that wiped out the river fishing for three months out of four. Since Christmas this has also badly affected many of the still waters in the river valley. Now we have the foot and mouth outbreak which I think will close off many waters. And all this leading up to the closed season, I think it will be a disaster for many tackle shops. Is there anything we can do to help them get through these hard times. Do you think they should qualify for government aid, even just a holdback on tax payments and business rates would I'm sure help. Just imagine life without youe local tackle shop?

Alan.