80,000 fish dead

Guest Danny H

Guest Danny H

Thought that would get your attention.

Back of sunday times 25/2/01 report SLURRY KILLS FISH

It states -"More than 80,000 fish have been killed after slurry polluted a three mile stretch of bradiford water and a fish farm near barnstable".

And just as I was reading that, Chan five news were previewing a story they will run next week along the lines of " fox hunting is gone, angling next in firing line".

I was so busy reading I missed the name of the outfit being quoted- we'll see next week-

but I heard them say "It is as cruel as fox hunting"-

TWO things

1.I'll keep a watch on next weeks Chan five news to see more.

2. 80,000 fish killed- small column back page

versus 6 o'clock news story anti anglers target fishing.

Me thinks these anti's have very good press officers

I would just like to say, the more news reports like that we have, the more us anglers better have our arguments in place.

Not for the A.A bandits, but for the general public. Also I guess one of the best

things we can be seen to do while fishing, is just treat the fish with respect, when unhooking etc. It's the general public who will eventually decide this thing, win them over.

[This message has been edited by Danny H (edited 25 February 2001).]