Abbey Lakes (France)

Guest Grubby_Fisherman

Guest Chris Woodrow

Why don't u give Rob Hughes a call on 01948 880884, he will fill u in with all the latest facts.

Cheers

Chris 'Essex Man' Woodrow

Guest Grubby_Fisherman

Hi Chris

I know that sounds common sense and the like, but I want to speak to someone other than a party that has a vested interest in the place.

Reason being is that I am booked on Fox lake there, with four mates, second week september. I heard a nasty rumour today from an acquaintance who has been out in France (not Abbey lakes). The upshot is that he spoke to some guys that had been there and it had been overbooked. This is because 2 other companies as well as Rob Hughes are booking places there. He also said that they have been exaggerating catch reports and I mean exaggerating. Also the facilities there are crap and they said it was open to the general public when it boasts to be a secure complex.

Now this is all rumour but I want to make sure of the facts. I shall give Rob a call and if you cant belive someone with his cred well god knows and he aint tellin.

Guest Blank Reg

I was involved in a small way with the stocking of Fox lake on the Abbey complex prior to it opening last year. I can assure you that the facilities are first rate, and that there are a hell of a lot of carp in there.

As far as I'm aware,the fishing has been a bit patchy and there are certainly some swims that are fishing better than others.Sadly I do not know which these are or what methods to use.

The only other thing I should mention is that it is not a very pretty lake with very little bankside cover and pylons running across it.

If these things do not bother you too much then I would suggest giving it a go,because there are some beautiful scattered scale mirrors in there transferred from the private lakes on the estate,including what is probably now a 40+ fully scaled mirror that I witnessed being stocked which is the most gorgeous fish I have ever seen.(caught on maize.)

I hope I have been some help,

Cheers, Reg.

Guest Grubby_Fisherman

Cheers for that Reg.

I am booked in for 2nd week in September and am looking forward to getting on some good fish.

Having spoken to Rob Hughes, I am a lot happier.

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

It was just some jerk slaggin off the place that got under my skin and left room for doubts. Why is it that there are people out there always willing to dis people and places for no reason? Maybe he was touting for some other place!!

mad.gifmad.gif