Second Hand Poles

ChrisF

Hi all....need a little advice...was chatting to a guy on the bank yesterday re the subject of poles and he suggested that instead of buying a new pole I should try a 2nd hand one from the ads either in the weeklys or from the net.

Anyone got any ideas that might help me in sorting out what to do......min 13m, not too heavy, not a carp pole(but a hybrid carp/silver fish pole would be ok at a push) and a budget of around £300 notes.

I have a 6m 'Edge' margin pole at present so I have some minor experience with the art of pole fishing.

Ta

Hello Chris

Not sure if this is what you want to hear but brand new Shimano Technium Competition 12.5 m poles can be bought for £160 from Climax tackle and I believe that you can buy an extenison to 14m. These are probably as good as most top range poles that were on the on the market a few years ago.

Regards MD

[ 22. September 2003, 03:32 PM: Message edited by: mdhome ]