Moving House to Chester - where can I fish? HELP

Guest Big Brother

Guest Big Brother

I currently live in somerset - in 4 weeks I will be starting a new job with the BASC near Chester but I havent a clue where to fish as I dont know the area AT ALL frown.gif

My type of fishing is general coarse angling so any commercial stillwaters that offer matches or angling clubs in the area which offer fishing with where they are and if pos contact phone numbers would be great.

Im sure some of you will come up trumps wink.gif!!

Cheers and if you live near Chester maybe we could meet up for a bit of a fish!

Big Brother

------------------

The float - pleasing in appearance, even more so in disapperance!!!

http://www.sillybait.co.uk - home of all things silly!!

Guest Keith Finn

Alright Big Bro,

Chester, Well at least that is nearer to Liverpool than Somerset.!!!!

Plenty of fishing around there but even better you are near a lot of Lymm and Warrington Anglers waters.

Most of their waters are well whithin 1/2 hours drive from Chester.

When you get there email me and i will show you around.

Keith

Guest big tinca

Why don't you go fishing for them lovely females from Hollyoaks!

------------------

Happy Tenching.

Big Tinca.

bigtinca@hotmail.com

Guest Big Brother

Good point mr tinca - that Geri certainly could take a look at how I handle my pole!!! wink.gifwink.gifwink.gifwink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

[This message has been edited by Big Brother (edited 18 June 2001).]

Guest paul mc

http://www.lymmanglers.homestead.com/ this is a website for lymm who as said b4 have some waters within half an hour from chester, but they have most of thier matches on the sankey canal (great tench water) in warrington. they also have stretches of the r. dee which runs right through middle of chester and stretches of the severn near shrewsbury.

As for fisheries try cheshire fisheries tel01829 770041(i think)

hampton springs tel01948 820789(they have a match every week

hickory hollow nr Whitchurch

Brookside fishery(Warrington)also have 2 matches a week.

these fisheries are all within 40 mins of chester.

i am a member of lymm so i know a few of their waters. Dont know that much about Warrington anglers but i think the two clubs offer pretty much the same.

hope this helps

regards paul mc

Guest ALAN FAWCETT

Hi BB

Talking of hollyoakes you know the white bridge you see right at the begining??

Thats by some wiers & i've fished there had a good day as well (problem with fishing the dee at the moment is the BIG pollution incident a while ago) The little rodee car park opposite the race course (or coarse lol) is another good place i used to do the fun fair on this car park n i know it's an excellent place for Tench & Trout !! biggrin.gif

The only other thing is to give me a shout & we'll have a days or even a weekends fishing in Stafford biggrin.gif

I hope you ain't going to live in Blacon or saltney cos they're the sort of places where you stop to change a tyre n someone nicks ya stereo!!!!! eek.gif

------------------

TROGG (Alan)

Guest Mick Cottam

Take a look at Warrington Anglers Website at WWW.warringtonanglers.org.uk and Lymm which has already been mentioned. Warrington havesome good stretches of the Dee.

Penketh and Old Hall angling society have a website which list alot of nationwide venues, with contact numbers. Try this link for them WWW.pohas.co.uk

try http://www.google.co.uk and put in the search Chester Fishing and click on the button for UK sites, that should bring a few up.

Regards, Mick

Originally posted by Big Brother:

I currently live in somerset - in 4 weeks I will be starting a new job with the BASC near Chester but I havent a clue where to fish as I dont know the area AT ALL   frown.gif

My type of fishing is general coarse angling so any commercial stillwaters that offer matches or angling clubs in the area which offer fishing with where they are and if pos contact phone numbers would be great.

Im sure some of you will come up trumps   wink.gif!!

Big Brother

Guest Mick Cottam

Sorry, Warrington Anglers can be found at www.warrington-anglers.org.uk

Originally posted by Big Brother:

I currently live in somerset - in 4 weeks I will be starting a new job with the BASC near Chester but I havent a clue where to fish as I dont know the area AT ALL   frown.gif

Im sure some of you will come up trumps   wink.gif!!

Big Brother

Guest fisherking

B.B get my phone number off Gray Catchpole and when you get up here ring me and I will enlighten you.

John.