It's hot, it's humid! Is summer your favourite season??

Guest Steve Burke

Guest Chris Plumb

I watched a grass snake stalk a mouse right by my feet yesterday evening (didn't know they eat them - do they?). The mouse was making foray's to pick up dropped hemp and the snake slowly edged toward the zone where the hemp was. I watched enthralled - thinking thinking 'next time the snake's gonna strike!!' Didn't get to see what happened as I had a bite and the snake dived into the river and headed off to the other bank!!

Ahh!! - Summer evenings - can't beat them!!!

Chris

------------------

"Study to be quiet."

[This message has been edited by Chris Plumb (edited 03 July 2001).]

Guest Alan Roe

For me its the autumn with the leaves turning to glorious golds on the trees the migration flights of the birds to watch, the changing moods of the shortening days and the chub and barbel coming into their prime and the roach and grayling not far behind.

As B.V. put it Autumn is the Golden Season

[This message has been edited by Alan Roe (edited 03 July 2001).]

Guest Spiderfan

Spring for the fresh greens and birdsong, autumn for the reds, golds and browns.

On the Teme last week, I watched a mink chow-down on a mole just a couple of yards away. Not a pretty sight, but certainly nature in the raw! Circling buzzards, 'laughing' green woodpeckers and irridescent blue dragonflies quartering the river all made for an interesting couple of days while the barbel were none too cooperative. smile.gif

Guest Bretty

I just Love Summer. It's great!

I've just spent a week in Norfolk where it's nice and toasty. Just got back up to Leeds and it's well humid and horribly close. Too much moister. Fortunately i'm sat in a really nice computer cluster smile.gif but then you notice how humid it is when you step outside.

Talking of seasons does any one else get lots of nose bleeds around this time of year or is it just me? rolleyes.gif

Bretty

Guest Newt
Originally posted by Steve Burke:

In England the offical definition of a hot day is 25C+ and a hot night 15C+. It's been 26C to-day with 90 per cent humidity.

Thanks Steve. I feel for you with no A/C and humidity up that high. I remember it well from years gone by.

We have gotten really spoiled the past few years over here as most houses now have central A/C and it is hard to buy an auto that does not have it.

Guest Gaffer
Originally posted by Bretty:

Talking of seasons does any one else get lots of nose bleeds around this time of year or is it just me? rolleyes.gif

Bretty

Yeah, me too, last Saturday in fact! wink.gif

I love the spring, summer and autumn as a Carp angler, but I hate the winter.

I fish every weekend all year round, one thing I really really hate is the mud. frown.gif Yuk!

Last winter was the coldest winter that I've ever fished in which the lakes I fished froze over on 3 seperate occasions.

One night the wind chill was -11 degs C eek.gif , but I still go in my quest for Carp.

I just hate MUD! frown.gif (the fact that I like all of my tackle really clean might have something to do with it! wink.gif )

------------------

All the best, Gaffer

Anglers' Net Members Club