J.W. Youngs To Stay In Britain

Guest Elton

Guest Elton

Alan Roe just sent this in (cheers, Alan):

"The manufacturer J.W.Youngs is to stay in Britain. This long established firm which makes some of the finest centerpins and some of the most popular fly reels in the world has been bought by Masterline International.

Masterline International have had a long relationship with Youngs and the purchase of the company secures it's future."

------------------

Anglers' Net

Keeping It Virtual...

Elton

J W Youngs may be staying in England, but how many new crap products from the far east will now bear this prestigious name?

Another company that will go the same way as Greys, G-loomis in the U.S.A (Shimano bought them for the name).

Rob

Guest Squimp

RobT,

Isn't it better that the company survives, rather than goes bankrupt?

I suggest that most of the companies you list have been purchased because they were unprofitable.

Guest Peter Waller

It could be good. British reels on the up. Jap Crap is fine, terrific in some cases but maybe Youngs could branch out, British multipliers on the market once again, nice thought!

Guest phil dean

I had a "play" with a youngs purist on Sunday, courtesy of one of Big Tinca's mates,

I hope no-one tries to pass off some rubbish as one of these, they'll stand out a mile.