The worst day ever?

Guest Pinkeye

Guest Pinkeye

Hello everyone,

Here follows a copy of a posting I have placed on the Pike and Preds forum, sympathy required please!!

Yesterday, 29th April, I went pike fishing for the first time in eleven weeks. Mainly due to water closures caused by the F&M outbreak.

Anyway, here follows the catalogue of disasters.......

Chose my swim with the usual care and watercraft (the one closest to the car park) and proceeded to set up. I had just bought some polaris floats and was really keen to use them, so set up two rods in identical style and cast out to the ledge (25 yards). Going well so far? After about 30 minutes I decide to move my baits only to find them both solidly snagged. Several minutes of pulling from various angles resulted in the loss of everthing on both rods. The floats were £3 each (doaaa). I know that there are now two deadbaits with hooks left in the loch but, I couldn't help that.

I decide to cast with just a bomb to check the bottom out and promptly lost that too.

Deciding that the area is too rocky for effective fishing I decide to move to another area. Much nicer, 5 - 15 foot deep drop off running left to right, can't fail. An hour later I decided to take the lure rod out and have a go with that. Wading around the margins I found the only soft spot and sunk to my thigh with both legs in stinking mud and freezing water. No matter I'll battle on.

Later a bayliff walked along the bank and told me that the area I was fishing was private and I would have to move ( there are no signs so I did not know).

I decided to move to another loch which is stuffed with jacks, just to get some action. Two hours later after enduring a gale force northerly in my face with sparadic snow mixed in for good measure I went home without so much as a sniff from a pike.

Is this the worst day ever or what?

Guest scoobs11

a bad day fishing is still better than a good day at work !!!!(unless your matt hayes)lmao

------------------

if you can't be good

be careful

Guest Pinkeye

You are both quite right, it was great to be out fishing again after such a long lay off.

I just had built it up to be "my glorious return" and I was a bit let down and cold and wet and miserable etc etc.