What feeder tips?

Jason

A few questions:

When should I use the Slow Taper, or Fast taper tips?

And what oz tip? 1oz, 1.5oz, 2oz and so on.

If I use a 1.5oz tip etc what size or type of fish could it land?

Thanks

Jason

Edited by Terracan Jas

06 Jaguar S Type 2.7 Twin Turbo V6D.

2012 Fish: Roach, Dace, Gudgeon, Perch, Eel, Bream/Roach Hybrid. Bream, Silver Bream, Carp, Pike.

Jas Uses: Drennan Rods, TFG Rods, Shimano Reels, Okuma Reels, 4lb & 3lb Maxima chameleon line, Drennan Double Strength 6lb line, Drennan Hooks to nylon 2lb to size 20 barbless & 1lb 10oz to size 22 barbless., Mustad hooks to nylon 3lb to size 16 barbless * 2lb 10oz to size 18 barbless, Drennan floats, Premier Floats, Middy Floats, Uni Floats, Camo Shot, Anchor Shot, Drennan & Middy Open Ended & Closed ended feeders, Unbranded ledger weights, Shakespeare seat boxes, Fox Tents and Luggage. Team Shakespeare Umbrellas And much, much more.

A few questions:

When should I use the Slow Taper, or Fast taper tips?

And what oz tip? 1oz, 1.5oz, 2oz and so on.

If I use a 1.5oz tip etc what size or type of fish could it land?

Thanks

Jason

Jason the test curve of the quiver tip makes no difference at all to the size of fish you can land. As for using slow or fast taper quiver tips Ive never really understood why there is a need fo such! The only things I think you need to take into account are the material the tip is made from (ie glass or carbon) and the test curve (but only really when fishing for "pull round" bites)

Glass is softer so better for setting up when your ledgering down stream and therefore expecting to get "pull round" bites.Choose the lowest test curve tip you can for the conditions.When Upstream ledgering you are expecting to get (if your properly set up) "drop back" bites.Here the faster recovery of a carbon tip is far better.

If your not sure how to set up,or the benefits of either tactic just say and I or some one will explain.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Thanks for that.

The tips I have are glass, I mainly use the 1oz, species I target are Roach, Perch, Bream, Tench.

The Rod is a Drennan Series 7 Competition Feeder 13ft. I have had it a while, I am slowly changing from Float fishing to feeder even ledger over winter, I am aiming to get some nice specimens from the depths in the cold tempretures.

Just out of interest, does anyone have a image of the best way to set up a feeder or ledger, just to make sure I have the basics.

Thanks

Jason

06 Jaguar S Type 2.7 Twin Turbo V6D.

2012 Fish: Roach, Dace, Gudgeon, Perch, Eel, Bream/Roach Hybrid. Bream, Silver Bream, Carp, Pike.

Jas Uses: Drennan Rods, TFG Rods, Shimano Reels, Okuma Reels, 4lb & 3lb Maxima chameleon line, Drennan Double Strength 6lb line, Drennan Hooks to nylon 2lb to size 20 barbless & 1lb 10oz to size 22 barbless., Mustad hooks to nylon 3lb to size 16 barbless * 2lb 10oz to size 18 barbless, Drennan floats, Premier Floats, Middy Floats, Uni Floats, Camo Shot, Anchor Shot, Drennan & Middy Open Ended & Closed ended feeders, Unbranded ledger weights, Shakespeare seat boxes, Fox Tents and Luggage. Team Shakespeare Umbrellas And much, much more.