Carpvale Pool

Guest Mangler

Guest Mangler

I will be fishing a match at Carpvale (main lake)on 01.07.01 and wondered if anyone could offer any advice on methods/baits for this time of year also its current form (spawning etc.)

I understand ridiculous lengths of floating pole are the norm, but our club enforces a maximum pole length of 16mtrs.

Many thanks

in anticipation

Keith

Guest ALAN FAWCETT

Yeah like the funky, punky, spikey, piker said!!

Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo biggrin.gif

------------------

TROGG (Alan)

Guest Keith
Originally posted by Mangler:

I will be fishing a match at Carpvale (main lake)on 01.07.01 and wondered if anyone could offer any advice on methods/baits for this time of year also its current form (spawning etc.)

I understand ridiculous lengths of floating pole are the norm, but our club enforces a maximum pole length of 16mtrs.

Basically you've answered you own question re. the tactics.

But why not:

ring the owner for its current form (he was spot on the one time I pleasure fished it) and

check out the match results pages of the angling weeklies - they often carry results (with brief details of tactics) of Carpvale matches.

The bottom line seems to be that you need the longest pole you're allowed to use - and pray that you're pegged to an island you can reach with it.

Have you tried a web search on "Carpvale" yet? wink.gif

Have a look at http://www.carpvale.com for information on the waters and contact details (you've got to do some work yourself!)

------------------

Keith

Blyth,

Northumberland

http://www.wacac.co.uk

Guest big tinca

Carpvale pool hhuuumm?

Ive never fished the place but always read the match results on methods bait etc.

The norm is 20mtr plus floating pole to the island but a waggler set up correctly should do the trick,

As for baits casters/meat and pellets seem to always be used and get great catches too.

But also floating baits off the top work ie floating bread and dog biscuits.

There is an artical on carpvale pool somewhere in the match fishing magazine which would be helpful if you could get hold of it.

Did you say you are fishing a match up there?

If so just hope that you don't come up against Dave Wright, he is the master on this water and wins loads of matches he also holds the match record up there of 170lb plus, which was set a few months back.

Hope this helps,

------------------

Happy Tenching.

Big Tinca.

bigtinca@hotmail.com

Guest andygowans

hi mangler

cant help that much,but i pleasure fished it 2 weeks ago afternoon/evening.

your right about floating pole,thats the method if you can get to an island,(by the way not all islands are that far i think i was on peg 18 the island was abot 13 mts)when i fished it was fairly warm, i ended up fishing up in the water and did quite well on a combination of bag up pellets and meat catching carp up to 8lb,steady feeding for about an hour and then it was a bite a cast,

but beware dont fish to light as you can get some right lumps on. i might be fishing it this thurs/fri if i do i,ll give you an update

tight lines for sunday mate.

Guest Mangler

Phew! What a great bunch of people "Anglers Net" have on their cards.

I must thank Gray-catchpole,Alan Fawcett,Keith,Big Tinca & Andy Gowens for taking time out to give such a speedy reply.

I appreciate, on the surface it might appear as though i'm leaving all the hard work to you guys, but we all know how competitive match fishing is and ALL info is an edge

Once again many thanks!

Guest Keith
Originally posted by Mangler:

I appreciate, on the surface it might appear as though i'm leaving all the hard work to you guys, but we all know how competitive match fishing is and ALL info is an edge

Mangler,

you're welcome!

Incidentally, I forgot the smiley after my "doing some work yourself" dig - but I hope that you bag up when you fish the place!

Best of luck.

------------------

Keith

Blyth,

Northumberland

http://www.wacac.co.uk