Big Carp, On the surface........

Guest Stephen

Guest Stephen

Hi all, I popped down too my local Fishing place today in South-East London too find some big Carp on the surface, But they didn't seem too be intrested in going for bit's off bread only little Roach were on the scene being pests!

There were some pretty big Carp but I don't think they was intrested in feeding.

Does anyone know off any tips on how too lure these big carp's?

Thanks, Any tips would be grateful,

Steve,

Guest Zaphod

Have you tried Mixers (Tescos are best)

keep feeding them in a few at a time and see if they start taking them..!!

Del

------------------

Zaphods just 'zis guy, you know..!

Guest ALAN FAWCETT

Try using bigger pieces of bread!

I like to use unsliced crusty loaf & just tear a chunk off, it normally works because its to big for the smaller stuff biggrin.gif

------------------

TROGG (Alan)

Guest Andy Thatcher

Try feeding Chum and using a big lump, I do mean BIG, of crust on a size 2. I usually use a french stick, er Mrs's. Loads of crust for your dosh.

Guest GARYD

Hi steve and welcome,

All I do is fish for carp off the top if you go back over my posts,I started a thread on floater fishing for carp and lots of people contributed to the thread with lots of ideas it might pay you to look at it.

Kind Regards

GARY

Guest Gaffer

Hi all, use 'Chums' as freebies and a hair-rigged cork ball as bait, works a treat and doesn't come off! wink.gif

I had a mid twenty on Tuesday evening using this method, only to loose it at the net!! frown.gif

------------------

All the best, Gaffer

Anglers' Net Members Club

Guest Stephen

Wow!

What a friendly bunch, You lot are!!!!! ;-)

I will be trying ''pedigree chum mixers'' over the weekend and keep you updated!

Thanks again,

Steve,

Guest Zaphod

Stephen,

Get the Tescos own as they are a bit bigger and much more bouyant than the pedigree ones since they changed the formula.

They are cheaper too.. smile.gif

Del

------------------

Zaphods just 'zis guy, you know..!

Guest poledark

Also try Febo dog biscuits, you will have to drill them to mount them but carp love them.

One thing to bear in mind with surface carp is they are very often not feeding anyway, and are usually very wary when they are.

Sometimes you come across a water where "they dont take surface baits" and if noone has tried it for a couple of seasons then you can make a killing. Done that a few times in the last couple of years.This wont last long though as everyone will jump on the wagon and the fish very quickly wise up again

Watching warycarp inspect a surface bait and then refusing it can make you wonder how we ever catch them at all.

poledark