yippee

Guest john

my favourite river.the dove,is now open.wf you had to choose ONE river as your fav.which would it be and why? mine is the dove,it can be hard,but i have drank many a bottle of wine just sat there watching it flow.

Guest ALAN FAWCETT

Mine has got to be the "join" or confluence of the rivers Sow & penk smile.gif

Shortley before they meet the Trent this stretch always has & always will be my favorite piece of water biggrin.gif

------------------

TROGG (Alan)

my sites here

Guest Steve Burke

The Hammer Stream, a 15 foot wide tributary of the Kentish Beult, itself a small river but sadly nowhere near as good as it used to be. Twenty years ago the uncrowded Beult was the premier roach water in the country producing specimens to 3-14 to my then fishing partner, Nigel Witham.

I've many fond memories of creeping around on the banks of the Hammer Stream after big chub, perch and roach. I almost went back last year for the first time for ages but the floods spoilt my plans.

Anyone else fished the Hammer Stream, especially recently?

BTW, are the Beult or Teise producing any specimen fish these days?

------------------

Wingham Fisheries

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/fisheries/wingham.htm

For me it has to be the Mississippi River. Since it is well over 2,300 miles long and over a mile wide by the time it reaches Memphis, TN which is pretty much the middle of the country, there is more variety than any one human could fish in several lifetimes.