Your favourite magic Roach mixes

Guest matt_shaw

Guest matt_shaw

Hi guys, i was down on my local canal today and was using a mix comprising of Sensas 3000 Roach and Silver Fish to Sensas 3000 Cloud in a mixture ratio of 50%-50%. Now although i have had success in the past, all i managed today was loads of small 2oz roach caught near the surface, on the drop. This mix is great for this job. However, i want to target bigger roach, 4oz plus. What mixes have you guys had most success on when it comes to larger stamp roach?

------------------

ECO Timber Panels, Barn Way, Lodge Farm Ind. Estate

The ECO - lodgical choice for wood

Tel. (01604) 759222 Find us at http://www.Yell.com/

'What is this real life you talk about...and where can i download it?'

Guest matt_shaw

You guys must have some suggestions frown.gif im so sad now, i'll go cry somewhere.

------------------

Guest Dave Hill

Matt,

I too like Sensas Sensas 3000 Roach, but I prefer it just as it comes... in addition I always have at least one hemp line in the summer and when this produces it is nearly always a better stamp of fish. Not so much as a result of groundbait, more the result of very very regular feeding of 6 or 7 grains of hemp...

Guest hoppy
Originally posted by matt_shaw:

You guys must have some suggestions frown.gif im so sad now, i'll go cry somewhere.

Oh dear, water water everywhere and not a drop to drink.There there matt my little cherub, simmer down, cuddle cuddle. smile.gif

I don't use much groundbait, just a little loose feed, so I won't be much help, but when I have, I have added some of my own crushed hempseed and casters in the groundbait, this seems to bring on a better stamp of roach, providing you use caster on the hook.

all the best...hoppy

------------------

been there done that(well almost)

Guest Andy Thatcher

The same as Hoppy. I don't use proprietry groundbaitfor roach. In winter mashed bread with a little liquified hemp is as far as it goes in rivers for stillwaters that stays at home as well. Summer just loose feed.

Cheers

Andy

Guest matt_shaw

Sniff, sniff....oh you guys are the best. I don't need to cry anymore, thank-you for the cuddles hoppy, i feel much better. However cut out the little cherub bit wink.gif or i may start crying again.

Again many thanks, much appreciated. biggrin.gif Now im dancing in the corner tongue.giftongue.gif

------------------

Guest phil dean

I'm interested in how many people don't use groundbait. I didn't use any (save for liquidised bread when on the punch) until I fished with Big Tinca, the crumb really seemed to help his catchrate and I've found that Stench can really turn the fish on.

who else does or doesn't use it, and if you do, what do you use???

------------------

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

Guest goin_fishin

mines the good old brown groundbait (breadflakes) at 35p a lb you cant go wrong , ive had a 7lb bag of roach in 5 hours using it,

the other day i prebaited my loacal stech of canal 15 mins later i caught a 2lb 7oz roach,

so have you tried that?

Regards Gf