Zander Fishing in the Fens

Guest JackPike

Guest JackPike

Thanks again folks for the tips I have had two zander bites the last we fished the the cut off channel by god they where quick just like roach bites i presume that they where zander still looking for campsites in the area thanks again keep your advice and stories coming as they are all apreciated Jack Pike

Well Sam - guess Jack... didn't like your offer or ideas. After all, what could a US guy know about Zander? LMAO

Would you estimate your total walleye landed to date to be in the hundreds or thousands?

Guest SAMCATGETTER
Originally posted by Newt:

Well Sam - guess Jack... didn't like your offer or ideas.  After all, what could a US guy know about Zander? LMAO

Would you estimate your total walleye landed to date to be in the hundreds or thousands?

Hey Newt, Im not sure if You are TALKIN TO ME? Because your figures might be a tad low? Are you asking how many I have eaten?, or how many I have caught?...Just a simple question mate, this is'nt rocket science, ya know!!!...I understand that yoooou know, (Newt), that I am in the heartland of the walleye/zander fishery of the known world. Soon Mr. Zanderless Jack Pike,(with respects mate) will be(hopefully) Landing zanders that is gear wont even be able to handle. (then I might have to cart my arse off to the UK and give my mate a hand on the zander situation, and try to get in on some of the hot fishing...all in the way of sharing...of course!)...Sam...PS...I can hear my reel now....zzzzzzzzzzz....zzzzzz..Dang!!... whoooooop theeeere noooooww...whooooooh,,theeeere..Just wait a minute till I get my feet set!! biggrin.gif

Guest SAMCATGETTER

Helloooooo Jack, Have recieved your address mate, and the package is on the way as of Monday. Hoping the best for your holiday. Instructions on using the baits I send, will be included. These are the simplest and easiest methods to use, to catch zander. These are predators, the easiest fish to fool. So have trust in yourself, and haul in the big ones, and make me a legend in the UK, in my own time biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif...Sam

Guest JackPike

Cheers sam looking forward to recieving them i will keep u posted on how i go on,prehaps i could teach u how to catch tench Cheers JP

Guest Bent Rod ?

Hi Jack

(oops put your hands down)

I haven't fished for them for about four years but caught quite a few from the Great Ouse between Ely and Littleport including five doubles. If I was going to fish for them seriously then I would use coarse fish as bait, mainly live. Roach fished on a float paternoster or ledgered in both margins. (sorry if livebait offends but it works and it's legal.) The best time I have found is just into and after dark. My group of freinds never found the need to fish too light (12 lbs is ok) as there are quite a few double figure pike about after dark and once a mate landed a 21.14 catfish at 1am on this stretch. Hope this might help.

Jon

------------------

Ivor Benten

Bent Rod = Tight Lines

Guest SAMCATGETTER
Originally posted by JackPike:

Cheers sam looking forward to recieving them i will keep u posted on how i go on,prehaps i could teach u how to catch tench Cheers JP

Thank you for the offer on tench fishing, and if I ever make it over to England, I may take you up on it. Going out to do some shopping for you in the morning, and then off to the post office...Lord help me! I was almost out of walleye assasins..And you just have to have these biggrin.gif...Sam

Guest JackPike

Cheers Bent Rod for the advice I will be using the hints you gave me and Sam looking forward to the lures also Sam I had 4lb tench tonite locally what beutuful fish the tincas are thanks again JP