Making Paste and Groundbait

Guest goin_fishin

Guest goin_fishin

How do you make Paste for Carp , Chub or Bream.

and ive hers ppl saying they make thay own Groundbait? does any1 know how to make this if so plz Reply THanx

Guest Gaffer

Hi GF, for carp paste I get some trout/salmon pellets which I put into a small bucket (or container).

I then pour boiling water over them and leave for between 2-10 mins depending on the brand and size of the pellets.

Drain off the wtaer and then knead into a paste.

I then fish the paste over a handfull of pellets.

Hope that helps for the carp. wink.gif

------------------

All the best, Gaffer

Anglers' Net Members Club

Guest bart4real

Hello,

You can make paste from any type of groundbait but trout/carp pellet paste is better. There are a few steps to making the paste which you can then fish on the waggler, pole or feeder. It really does stay on the hook!

First of all, whatever flavour groundbait you decide to use, it has to be mixed with plain flour. The more flour, the better it stays on the hook. I usually use more flour in the mix, about 60:40 is right. Add either two or three eggs depending on the quantity of paste required and stir ingredients together until a stodgy mix is obtained. It will be very sticky at this stage so add about three tablespoons of vegetable cooking oil. This makes it easier to kneed, prevents it from drying out and water proofs the paste which prevents it breaking down in the water too quickly. Place the paste in a polythene bag and put in the fridge overnight. When fishing, just tear off small pieces for the hook and keep the rest sealed in the bag and out of the sun. Feed trout/carp pellets and fish paste over the top. The warmer the weather the better the results. Never add water to the mix at any time! This paste is brilliant as I have won every match I have used it in, with really good weights too.

QUOTE]Originally posted by goin_fishin:

How do you make Paste for Carp , Chub or Bream.

and ive hers ppl saying they make thay own Groundbait? does any1 know how to make this if so plz Reply THanx

Guest Adrian

I posted a similar question a month or so ago and received some very useful tips. Trent Barbeler put me on to using soya flour from health food shops to stiffen the mix. Brilliant stuff, goes in easier than normal flour, it is 23 per cent fat content, which seems to help keep the paste a bit more 'water proof'. It is somehow less sticky as well, making for easy kneading.

I have found that with pellet paste, a coating with VDE liquid pellet stops your ball of bait from drying out.

Cheers, Adrian

Guest Big Brother

Bart4real - I have just made some of this paste - it looks the business and smells great - have got a match on sunday and plan on using it then! Will let you know if it helps!

------------------

The Angler - "Jack of all trades - master of most"

http://www.sillybait.co.uk - home of all things silly!!