What tackle could be made better + tackle manufacturer boo boos!

Guest Big Brother

Guest Big Brother

Using my keenets carp mesh keepnet yesterday I realised that I had had it for 3 seasons now and its still in A1 condition wink.gif - its funny how before these were produced I had to replace my keepnet at the end of each season as small holes etc were appearing in the fabric frown.gif.

Sometimes all it needed was contact with a bramble or pointy stick on the exit of the water and you would have to trott off to your local tacle dealer to get a new net!

So my point - when these carp keepnets were produced the tackle industry as a whole must have lost god knows how many thousands of pounds each year i.e the tackle ind have made a boo boo but we the angler are smile.gif

I personally of course am not complaining - its great and saves me loads of squids smile.gif

So what items of tackle are similar to this -or are their items of tackle that you think should be improved more to stop YOU shelling out £ year in year out?

I for one am fed up with elastic breaking on catapults - even after one heavy session - surely pults made with pole elastic would be better!!

------------------

The Angler - "Jack of all trades - master of most"

http://www.sillybait.co.uk - home of all things silly!!

[This message has been edited by Big Brother (edited 01 July 2001).]

Guest phonebush

As an "advisor" I can tell you there is at least one tackle co that has made it's share of boo-boos. But to say equipment that lasts a long time is a manufacturing

boo-boo isn't really fair.

What we do try to achive is a competitave balance between usefull longvity value and product price at a profit. Wouldn't you say for fishing tackle you can pretty much be assured you "get what you pay for"? In some instances technology has actually made tackle less expensive than 40 or 50 year ago.

Phone