Almost!

Guest Elton

Guest Elton
Originally posted by Jonty:

I should think that you are well-pleased with it - but you could grin a bit more, even if it is `simply persisting down` !

Jonty

Jonty,

That is me smiling - you should see me when I'm persisted off tongue.gif

All the best,

Elton

------------------

Elton Murphy

Anglers' Net

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk

Guest Elton

Yep, downhill from now on. I've been studying Harry Enfield's 'Kevin' character and think I've got the photo face down to a fine art rolleyes.gif

All the best,

Elton

------------------

Elton Murphy

Anglers' Net http://www.anglersnet.co.uk

[This message has been edited by Elton (edited 04 May 2000).]

Guest Elton

Time to resurrect this thread as I have just had one of 'those' phone calls, the sort that makes you load your car up and experience the same excitement you did when you were a kid!

Yep, I shall be off for a few day's fishing biggrin.gif

I'll tell you all about carp of gargantuan proportions, heroic battles and beer on Thursday or Friday.

Tight Lines,

Elton

------------------

Elton Murphy

Anglers' Net

Guest Steve Burke

Yes, the carp are going potty at Wingham - see the update you can access from the front page.

However, Elton didn't seem worried about the forecast thunderstorms. After his 17lber perhaps he reckons he can walk on water!

The water level has risen about 6 inches in the last month and several swims are flooded necessitating more work parties. Trouble is last Sunday's was washed out by another storm just as we started and the truck got stuck 3 times!

Have your local lakes suffered the same problems or is it just Kent?

Guest Elton
Originally posted by Steve Burke:

However, Elton didn't seem worried about the forecast thunderstorms.

That's 'cos I'm a big rufty-tufty Essex boy.

ttfn,

Elton

PS Can I borrow your teddy bear if it gets really loud?

------------------

Elton Murphy

Anglers' Net

Guest RobStubbs

Steve,

The syndicate lake I fish (Cambs) is probably a foot or so higher than usual for this time of year, but it is close to the ouse (but never floods). Work parties have all been OK as far as I know (One every w/e so I'm not doing them all). The swims only really seem to flood in the winter and even then only the odd few that are low enough.

Rob.

Guest Steve Burke

Elton's gone and done it! Not only has he has his first 20lb carp, but he's had his first 25lber. In fact the fish went 26-08 and is fat and ugly! I shall leave it to others to draw conclusions!

Seriously, well done mate!

BTW, can someone ask Elton why the tractor at Wingham is broken?

------------------

Wingham Fisheries

www.anglersnet.co.uk/fisheries/wingham.htm

Guest Trevor Babich

Hi Guys,

what you chaps don,t realise is tha Elton is using a secret method from South Africa out it is called the "van der Murphy Lollipop" and for a small consideration like a £1.oo donation to the Society for Abused Fishing Widows I will pass this highly cost effective way of catching carp onto you.

May all your fish be big and your troubles small,

Trevor

Guest chevin
Originally posted by Elton:

Those of you spectating in the Elton versus Carp battle may be interested to know that I almost made it in my first real carp trip. I had a beautiful 17lb mirror out on Wednesday

Congratulations mate, that is a nice fish. Best wishes, chevin