Carp Balls

Guest adamg

Guest adamg

A friend of mine yesterday dropped off a 10k bag of carp pellets which he was no longer going to use, the problem is that these are floating pellets and I would really prefer to use sinking. What would be the best method to convert these into a say 30mm balls that would sink and break down quickly. Any recipes that I could try tonight?

ta

Adam

Guest Chris Shaw

Easy, grind them them up and make into a paste using water.

Or what we used to do with the dried catfood before we discovered food blenders etc, was to just soak the whole lot in water and after a while they will start to soften, start mashing them as soon as they soften. You should end up with a nice usable paste.

You may need a binder such as soyer flour.

------------------

Chris Shaw

They played on while the reel handles spun in unison.

Guest adamg

These buggers, just don’t won’t to sink …I tried grinding 75% into a powered and leaving rest whole last night, made them into balls gave them over night to harden up a little. Plopped them in the pond this morning and low and behold they float to the top! ..Now I see why I was given them.

Cheers,

Adam

Guest Jonty

And so now you have a good supply of floating baits for carp - and if you were to fish them on a pop-up rig, you would be able to use them as bottom baits as well. There's nearly always an `up` side, you know !!

Jonty