Yorkshire

Guest Elton

Guest Elton

Can someone answer this one, please? Bit out of my territory smile.gif:

"I am planning on going fishing within the next 2 weeks, we have done a lot of night fishing in the past byut at the moment alot of the places where we go are not open because of foot and mouth, could you please let me know where we can do night fishing, on rivers or lakes, which is around and about yorkshire, we usually go to knaresborough"

------------------

Save Money On Your Fishing...

Click Below

Cheap Fishing Tackle

Guest phil dean

Sorry elton. know the area but not re night fishing, I would have assumed that most stretches of the nidd were fishable at night, as to anthing else, I hope others can help.

------------------

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

Guest Webbo

There's no stillwater in Yorkshire (to the best of my knowledge) that allows nightfishing. As regards rivers, there are a few stretches where you could possible fish through the night but I don't know what for though.

I 'spose if you wanted to contact some of the fishery owners around York, (Raker Lakes, Pool-Bridge Farm etc) they may make an exception but I very much doubt it.

Looks like they'll have to travel further afield smile.gif

Dave

Guest John S

It's a bit away from Knaresbrough, but Rush Lyvers lake in Hedon, to the east of Hull, allows night fishing. Bakers pond in Newport (near the A63/M62 junction) also has night fishing by appointment only.

If he decides on either of these two, let me know, I'll be able to offer him some advice smile.gif

------------------

John S

john@go-fishing.co.uk

ANMC Member - Get the best out of fishing, join today.

[This message has been edited by John S (edited 25 July 2001).]

Guest Pinkeye

Ripon Piscatorials have the fishing rights to the lake which is bang in the middle of Ripon Race Course. (Horses).

A ticket can be bought from the tackle shop in Ripon (The owners name is Bernard from memory).

The lake is one of the very few that contains 30lb+ carp in the north of England. One downfall is the noddies who bomb around on their jet skis all weekend, weekdays should be a lot quieter.

If you want telephone details of Ripon tackle shop drop me a mail and I'll dig them out for you.

Regards.