are we to engrossed in carp fishing

Guest crakemarsh

Guest crakemarsh

i am wondering if anyone out there has the same feelings or experience i have gone through this year no this is not a dear deidre

having been an avid carp fisher for the past ten years i have joined a club with access to some of the best tench roach and rudd fishing i have had but on going i felt a feeling of being let down because i was not catching doubles the fishing did little for me but on catching some large rudd i realised just what i had been missing this beautiful fishing has changed my whole approach is it just me or is it sometimes we get into a blinkered approach i implore you fishers out there to go and catch some big roach and rudd and see if you enjoy it just has much as i have

remember enjoy yourselves

life is not a pratice session

go on buy some maggots get out your light tackle and catch the silver beauties

Guest doc_tench

Hi

I used to fish for large carp in the 80's

at darenth amongst other places but got tired of waiting for the "big big" one so i like you caught a 7lb tench (quite big in those days) and had a huge scrap with it on a whip whilst fooling around in the margins,i guess it brought that "kid" back into me , i now use those rods for piking in the winter.

I just also feel that fishing for carp is not the same anymore, its lost its magical touch due to its popularity.

I remember last year when i caught a 10lb bream,i got really exited when i landed it,but some kids near bye just glanced at it and walked away, 2hrs later i caught a 16lb carp and they went "bonkers" they all had there picture taken with it and swiftly changed there bait and rig to the same,so maybe to these kids its still "magical" and i am just getting an "old git" who knows?

But i do talk to alot of anglers, and carpers on the whole do tend to be younger and then maybe once you've "done the rounds" its back to simple fishing like when you where 10 on the local canal

Anyway enjoy all fishing what ever you are fishing for smile.gif

doc_tench (aged 150) wink.gifbiggrin.gif: biggrin.gif: