Strange, unexpected captures?

Guest mpbdsnu

Guest mpbdsnu

Anyone had any strange captures whilst fishing for something else? smile.gif

I recently caught a small Jack Pike on a popped-up Monster pursuit boilie! biggrin.gif

Guest Fatboy

I had a small Common on whip whilst I was looking for small roach around the margins.

The rod was being used whilst The Tangler was teaching me to use a method feeder.

------------------

Semper in excreta - solem alta variat

I dunno if this is that unheard of, but i caught (and released) a 3.5lb eel on bread when catching school bass.

as i brought it in it was throwing up bread flake that i'd been loosefeeding.

Guest Zaphod

A couple of months ago, a Carp angler fishing on Darenth tree lake hooked a big pike on a boilie, it must have been spawning, because as his mate landed it, it's mate followed it into the net. Two pike on one boilie, wierd huh..!

------------------

Zaphods just 'zis guy, you know..!

Guest paul mc

me and my brother went to a lake last month and ny brother caught a stergeon.Dont know who was more suprised the fish or my brother eek.gifeek.gif

regards paul mc

Guest Steve Burke

A brace of 4lb tench on livebaits when after perch! And no, these weren't the small minnow-sized baits most anglers use for perch! These were 4inchers, which for me count as smallish baits. The problem with small livebaits for perch is that they catch too many perch of a pound or so. Fine if you want a big bag, but not if you're targetting the big old girls.

Years ago I was surprised when deadbaits started catching me tench and carp, but not any more! Carp in particular can be a flaming pest on deadbaits, and I've had more than 100 over the years. This is another reason why I use large baits when after specimen perch.

If you want to avoid the perch but catch carp on a heavily fished water give whitebait a try. These are the fry of sprats and herrings, and perch rarely take these seabaits which are typically about 2½ to 3 inches long. But carp love 'em!

------------------

Wingham Fisheries

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/fisheries/wingham.htm

Guest John S

Whilst winding in a hair-rigged lump of cheese one day, I hooked onto a fair size pike (about 10lb or so). I managed to bring it to within 6 inches of my net before it sliced through the line (7lb mainline, 5lb high-tech hooklength).

As for jacks, a mate of mine caught a jack measuring just 3 inches on a single maggot on a size 20.... He didn't even know he'd caught anything until he reeled in!

------------------

John S

john@go-fishing.co.uk

Guest Dai Fish

A few years ago I cought a terrapin the size of a plate from Roath Park Lake (Cardiff)

Tight Lines

Dai Fish

Guest Bent Rod ?

Had a 4.5lb bream on a float paternostered roach deadbait fishing for zander at night.

------------------

Ivor Benten

Bent Rod = Tight Lines