where would you fish and why

Guest james barbeltench

Guest james barbeltench

my fisherrie is

about half the size of a footy pitch with lillies surronding a stage ( platform which goes about a metre further out )and this is one of the best pegs this is where i caught my 5lb8oz bream to the left ater the lillies theres a small patch of lillies then a log about 3 metres long this is where the carp chub and some tench are and where i lost my double figure carp! then theres a cove which i always see bubbles in and if you throw bread in carp come to the top then theres 3 featureless pegs then theres the reeds full off carp but they take you into the reeds then theres the other side of the reeds then theres some small areas of lillies with about for pegs then a shallow corner whrere chub are then a featureless peg then to the right of the stage theres the lillies and theres a peg on the corner then theres a really quite corner usually where the biggest carp hangs out if your quite then you can see him come to the top in the hot weather for breadfro this descirption and where would you fish and why?

[This message has been edited by james barbeltench (edited 27 July 2001).]

Guest BarbLess

In the summer the best way to catch carp is to move around different swims, hunting/stalking. Often you can't do this on smaller lakes like the one you've described, but if there was only one or two anglers present, and swims were free, I would creep around the lake with freelined piece of bread, dipping it in hotspots (weed/lillies) etc.

Beauty of this method is you can pick fish...see a smaller one come up, whip the bait out quick.