fishing report

Guest john

just returned from 5 days on the teme.my mate and i fished almost 12 hours a day for 5 days for a toal of 3barbel,1 bream,6 or seven chub ,a few gayling and 1pike of 9lbs.the river seemed in perfect condition and most of the time was spent ledgering for barbel.on wed.afternoon we spent an hour watching dozens of barbel on the spawning beds.i then spent 4hrs.bouncing baits in front of their noses!!!! no chance.we think that the fish are behind in their breeding habits,maybe due to the floods.lets hope its nothing more serious.what do you think? we fished at tenbury wells and clifton.

Guest Stewart Bloor

John, I've also had 3 sessions on the Teme this week (all evenings as I live quite close). I have failed to catch, the closest I came was a lovely rod bending wrench of a bite, which unfortunately didn't materialise.

I've spoken with a number of other people and they too have all struggled. All I can say is...welcome to the club....If anyone has caught on the river this week, then well done.