what did u catch?

Guest jimbobby

Guest jimbobby

Hi people I finally caught a carp today. It was only 12lb but it was good moment for me. I also caught a 5lb Tench thanx to all the people who gave me advice (very good advice).

Thanx.

Did u catch anything to be proud of today?

My mate also landed a 17lb carp.

Thanku FATBOY especially for offering me some gear but I just brought some gear to last me for a while. Thanx anyway.

Today has been the best day so far this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Keith
Originally posted by jimbobby:

Hi people I finally caught a carp today. It was only 12lb but it was good moment for me. I also caught a 5lb Tench thanx to all the people who gave me advice (very good advice).

Oh-oh!!

Jimbobby, it's great that you've had a such a good day.

But - believe me - there will be a lot of people on this forum for whom a 12lb carp would still be a very special fish - and a lot more who have never even seen a 5lb tench!

Don't get too cocky (I would have said "blase" but I don't know how to put an accent over the "e" smile.gif ) too quickly, mate - it might be that a 12lb carp is a pretty good one from that water, and if you start off by thinking that 12lbers aren't much, then believe me, you'll never be truly happy in your fishing.

Put it another way. My best ever fish was by no means the biggest fish I've ever caught: it was a 3lb "proper" crucian that I caught at Weybread Pits in Suffolk.

Because I was with a friend I hadn't seen for years since he'd moved from Newcastle to Norfolk, and because I was at a brand new water (to me) as part of what turned out to be one of the best holidays I've ever had, that crucian meand more to me than just about any other fish I've caught.

12lbs of carp is a good fish, and don't think otherwise.

And 5lbs of tench??? wink.gif

I look forward to your next catch return!

------------------

Keith

Blyth,

Northumberland

mailto:keith@go-fishing.co.ukkeith@go-fishing.co.uk

http://www.wacac.co.uk

[This message has been edited by Keith (edited 25 June 2001).]

Guest ALAN FAWCETT

ONLY 12lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats a hell of a fish mate, bet it fought well eh? smile.gif

Unfortunetly we (Dian & me) still ain't had a fishing session since the start of the new season!! frown.gif

Hoping to change that either this week or the next!! biggrin.gif

------------------

TROGG (Alan)

Guest Chris Plumb

Keith,

You echo my sentiments exactly... A friend of mine took his 12 year old on the Kennet for the first time and he caught a 9lb barbel 1st cast (Spawny Git!!). However after that it was big barbel or nothing and after 2 years of nothing he's jacked fishing in altogether proclaiming it to be a waste of time. frown.gif

In many ways I'm quite glad a lot of my PB's have gone up by the odd ounce or so every couple of years - it keeps me hungry!!

Chris

(Who by coincidence also caught a 12lb carp and 5lb tench at the weekend smile.gif )

Originally posted by Keith:

Don't get too cocky (I would have said "blase" but I don't know how to put an accent over the "e"    smile.gif ) too quickly, mate - it might be that a 12lb carp is a pretty good one from that water, and if you start off by thinking that 12lbers aren't much, then believe me, you'll never be truly happy in your fishing.

Blasé you can get by holding down the alt key and keying in 0233. For a more complete list, click on start~run~charmap.

For me, if I have fun catching what I catch on a given day, it was a good day. When I stop having fun if fish aren't above a certain size, I'll try golf again. Gave it up when I was 18 or so and hope I'll never have occasion to take it up again. smile.gif

I know I may feel differently when I grow up but so far (fishing for a little over 50 years now) it ain't happened. smile.gif

Guest james barbeltench

Thats a good un ive nto even caught a carp bigger than 2lb thats how crapi am as for tench ive only caught 5 in my whole life never mind a 5lbder im only 14 and hope to catch a good fish this weeekend

thanxs

james