How many venues ????

Guest Gray-Catchpole

Guest Gray-Catchpole

sorry if this sounds like a weather report, but im naked, no not naked, nackerd biggrin.gif

today was to say the least, mental, had no sleep (as usual) john arived at 5:00 am, went to woodstock, i had 17 small roach on maggie, john had nothing on corn, left there at 9:00 am, and went to the Ebbw, started catching trout trotting, 11:00 went very quiet, and john took off is float, and started catching again , so i did the same, just resting on the bottom, so many fish, at 2:00 pm went to the canal (cwmbran) just getting in to the tench, and a bloke came and said we had to pack up, as there was a match, starting at 5:00 pm, so we went to llantarnam top pool, absolute rubish, until almost dark, bites started on the corn, but we had to get home, to tired, and well chuffed we fished four venues in one day, the ebbw was the best of all, but i think if we could have stayed on the canal it would have been a cracker.

mmm sounds kinda short, really, but it was a long and great day, i have an idea, more to follow soon.

------------------

Email:

Guest ALAN FAWCETT

Christ Gray all that AND you're still up posting on here!!! eek.gif

Now if that ain't the worse case of AN addiction i dunno what is!

Shame ya had to pack up on the cut! I reckon you could've had a few tench out of there!! (wish i'd been with ya) frown.gif

------------------

TROGG (Alan)

Guest Gray-Catchpole

alan

i only wish i could see my replys at the moment, somthings weird in IE city.

Darrell did fourteen locks this morning as well, busy sheep arnt we lol biggrin.gif

sorry that should be yesterday morning biggrin.gif

------------------

Email:

Guest fisherking

Gray I've been having the same problems with I.E for days and I wish someone would sort it.

John.

Guest ALAN FAWCETT

Glad i ain't the only one then!

I brought the paltalk thread back to the top on the non-fishing froum & i didn't see any of the replys till Dave K cut n posted them for me!!! smile.gif

S'funny though cos some of the replys i post i can see straight away confused.gif

------------------

TROGG (Alan)

Guest simonford
Originally posted by ALAN FAWCETT:

Glad i ain't the only one then!

I brought the paltalk thread back to the top on the non-fishing froum & i didn't see any of the replys till Dave K cut n posted them for me!!!  smile.gif

S'funny though cos some of the replys i post i can see straight away  confused.gif

Its nothing to do with IE its something to do with the AN server and the link and your ISP.

I found that if you go to the next oldest topic and click on the "next newest topic" at the bottom of the thread then it shows the latest posts 9 times out of 10.

It is all very strange confused.gifconfused.gif

Blimey gray how many places do`ya wanna fish in one day m8 wink.gif

------------------

Simon Ford

Join the temporary Carperslodge forum Also my site which is HERE which is still under construction

Guest Nightwing

I must profess my ingorance of U.K. fishing law, but why did you have to leave the canal? Seems to me you were there first, so how could someone just come along and proclaim that you had to leave due to a match? I assume the canal to be public, so it would seem to me that since you were there first, the late comers would have to make adjustments, not you? Glad I don't have to deal with such things over here! Should somone come along and tell me to leave because they wanted my spot for some reason, I'd tell em' to get bent! If it were a private water, I still would have a problem(as I would have paid), but especially on a free public water, seems it is poor manners in the extreme to expect you to leave because they want to have a contest!

Guest davidP

Nightwing

Many clubs & water owners take bookings for pegged-down matches on their waters - it's actually a big source of income for some clubs. The booking is either for the whole venue or if it's a larger venue then a set number of pegs are booked. Casual anglers arriving to fish the venue should then not use those particular pegs until after the match is completed (or within whatever time limits the club/owner chose to set). Unfortunately many clubs whilst happy to take the booking money don't actually make too much effort to let the casual anglers know about the booking, and match anglers arriving to find their pegs in use are not normally the most polite of people when it comes to asked for them to be vacated!