Presenting sweetcorn...

Guest NineteenthMonkey

Guest NineteenthMonkey

What size hook, how many sweetcorn kernels, and should the curve of the hook be on the outside of the kernel?

Guest paul mc

I personally use a size 14 0r 16 for single corn and a 12 for double corn, i normally hook it thro the side on the top of the widest corner.or you can use a small hook, say an 18 and pull the hook thro the middle of the kernel with a small bait needle, so that the whole of the shank is covered by the kernel

------------------

Regards Paul Mc(ANMC)

Guest paul mc

I personally use a size 14 0r 16 for single corn and a 12 for double corn, i normally hook it thro the side on the top of the widest corner.or you can use a small hook, say an 18 and pull the hook thro the middle of the kernel with a small bait needle, so that the whole of the shank is covered by the kernel

------------------

Regards Paul Mc(ANMC)

Guest paul mc

regards paul mc (ANMC)

Guest paul mc

oops

dont know what happend there kept getting a script error when trying to reply then this happened

------------------

Regards Paul Mc(ANMC)

Guest poledark

So you are using three rods are you Paul?

I use a 12 or 14 and insert it down thro the hole in the end and out of the bottom and then ease it back in again. One of the real advantages with corn is that you can hide your hook very easily and still strike the hook home when a fish bites.

poledark wink.gif