EA licences

Guest Richard Capper

Guest Anuvver Andy

Hi Guy`s,

I have two licenses giving me the opportunity to fish three Rods.

I don`t begrudge the money for them one iota.

Anyone who fishes around the area covered by Reading office E.A. (vast) would be well advised to follow suit,this area is covered by a bailiff by the name of Pat Willis (a good old boy)who does his job to perfection!.....Book `im Danno!.

Cheers,

Andy

Guest Chris Plumb

'Bin asked twice this year, once last and only once in the previous decade so it would appear they're doing more checks. One of my clubs also asks to see your EA licence so have had to produce it 2 or 3 times to a club baliff. Not sure what sanctions they'd take out if I didn't have one!!!

Chris

------------------

"Study to be quiet."

like many of you I always buy a licence but have not been checked for over 10 years, I have also been fishing a great deal in the Reading area over the last few years and still haven't been checked except to be asked to produce my club book (because I was fishing the baliffs favourite swim)

If the EA did more checks on a regular basis we might even find licence sales increasing and with that more revenue for the EA, or is that too simplistic?

Lee

I have been asked to show it 3 times in the last 20 years.

As for my opinion I think its just another form of taxation.

If I won the lottery bought a huge bit of land, hired a company to dig and landscape a lake for me then payed for fish stocking advice, bought all the fish I wanted and stocked them into the water, I would still have to buy a rod licence before i could even walk around the water carrying a fishing rod, seems a bit unfair to me.

Privately owned and cared for waters should be excempt from having to have a licence to fish them. Only waters that the EA either own or stock should you need a licence for.

How would you feel if the Government suddenly decided that computers needed a licence, at £10 a year and spent £7 of the 10 paying someone to come around and check. Sounds stupid but thats what the EA do more or less.

Scott.

Guest TheDacer

Oi Scott, if you could afford to do all that, why would you begrudge paying £20 a year??!

Seriously though, if it's true that most of the money from the licence goes on paying for bailiffs - that's bloody daft!

Is this really the case?

I don't mind paying taxes so long as the money goes where it's supposed to and isn't just used to support the rich getting more income tax cuts - which is the case in the UK, unfortunately.

Guest dave k

now i am getting angry mad.gif

the ignorant and naive attitude of some of the posters that have replied to this and every other thread about licences is pathetic.

Do you really think the EA only check licences.

how many waters have been brought back to life because of the work that the EA do.

If you do own your own water and have an emergency the EA will be out and helping you at no charge

YES they are underfunded, mainly because of the selfish attitude of many anglers who dont buy licences. it is a catch 22 situation, they have budgets to keep and cant divert more into that section of their work. frown.gif

how many people who object to paying for the £20 licence will spend over £500 on there fishing a year. some anglers will spend over £20 a session on bait.

There is an imbalance in the amount of money spent on game fishing in England and Wales compared to coarse fishing, and it needs redressing. other than that i think they do a stirling job

rant over smile.gif

takes cover awaiting the flack

------------------

dave kennedy USSC Angling

Guest Chris Plumb
takes cover awaiting the flack  

[/b]

I'll join you in the dugout as I agreed with every word!!

Chris

------------------

"Study to be quiet."

Guest danzante

Spider,

.."During 30+ years fishing, I can count the number of times I've been approached by an NRA/EA official on the fingers of one hand.

Always had one, never had the need for two"...

i admire any man that can fish with one hand. smile.gif

Danny.

Guest TheDacer

Now if you'd said TV licences that would be a different matter... over a ton a year for five channels of ***** !

If you'll pardon the French.