Information Re: access to the countryside

Guest phil hackett

Guest phil hackett

This is for information purposes and not on my part a debating point.

The Countryside Agency, which is a new Govt. Agency for rural affairs, has issued a Consultation process on Mapping of Open Access Land in the North West Region.

Open Access Land is connected to the Govt. manifesto pledge for the Right to Roam across open land.

The area covered in this consultation is from Kirby Lonsdale in the North, to Crewe in the South. Eastwards it goes to Skipton, Holmfirth and Buxton.

I place this on here as it might, and I stress the word might, have some effect on river and lakebank access, etc., owned by clubs and the like, where the public do not have access to such waters at the moment.

Whilst this consultation only applies to the NW at this time, other areas will in due course issue their own, as R-R is a national policy.

For those who would like to read more, go to www.countryside.gov.uk/access/mapping