The method in winter?

Guest herman

I fish a 70acre pit that drops quite quickly to 20ft and thought instead of fishing for old esox might give a weekend to some carp and bream, usually in the summer i method feed and groundbait heavily, will this work in winter on such a venue if not what would?

Come on you wizards!! get me some bream this weekend wink.gifsmile.gif

Guest Cranfield

I am being quite successful again this winter using the method.

I do not use any additional grounbait at all.

The waters I am fishing were medium weedy in the summer.They are now clear of weed,this,combined with the falling temperatures has made the water quite clear.I am backleading because of this and it makes a difference.

I am also fishing the deeper holes (14ft not 8ft).These aren,t easy waters, in fact, I am frequently on my own except for a couple of pike anglers.

Guest poledark

Herman, you could try plumbing up to find where the bottom levels off just past the downslope, do this to the right and left.

Fire out at least a dozen pouchfulls of RED maggot on each spot aiming to put down a patch about 6ft in diameter.

Fill your feeder with RED groundbait and maggots using a very short hooklink and a bunch of 5 maggots on the hook.

Cast one to the left and one to the right and wait at least 20mins before recasting.

Hopefully at some time during the session you will get a shoal of bream coming past. If you do then with a bit of luck they will stay around long enough for you to get a couple. The good side of this is that they will probably be of a good size.

Den

------------------

poledark ANMC