EA licences

Guest Richard Capper

Guest Richard Capper

Does everybody agree with having to own an EA licence?

Does those who fish with three rods actually own two as you must if you fish three rods?

How many times ahve you been checked? I've only been asked for it once EVER!

Does anyone have the bottle to admit to not owning one?

Richard,

If you go into search and put in "EA licences" you'll see that this thread has been done before. Mind you there are now a few more posters so their comments could be interesting.

Nutter.

------------------

Bill

Hereford

ANMC Founder Member

Guest Steve Burke

I've only once been asked for my licence in over 40 years of fishing. However, I willingly always buy 2 rod licences so that I can fish 3 rods in some circumstances.

I reckon that licenses are excellent value for money. Unfortunately, the Environment Agency has far too little in the way of resources, and the recent funding cuts by the Government have only made matters worse. However, I believe that everything raised via rod licences should be used to improve fishing and not have some of it pinched to go in the general taxation pot.

If we paid more we'd get better fishing. However, I recognise that not everyone can afford more so I'd like to see a still lower rate for such anglers and a higher price for the rest of us.

I'd also like to see the minimum age for a licence to be substantially raised from the present 12 to encourage more youngsters into the sport. This would almost certainly pay for itself in the long term.

------------------

Wingham Fisheries

www.anglersnet.co.uk/fisheries/wingham.htm

Guest TheDacer

I've always had a licence.

It's one of the few value for money licences in this country!

I've even bought them when I've had a few years off fishing - just in case I ever fancied a go somewhere.

Guest Big Nick

I have always had one and been checked a number of times - must be something about the way I look!

However, the way the fishing has been on the Severn this year, due to the CONSTANT release of water from the Welsh dams by the idiots at the EA, I don't see why I should ever buy one again. As I am sure they won't give me a refund for the ruined sport I have suffered this year.

I have always had one but never once had it checked by anyone. In fact I have never seen an EA baliff or what ever they are called.

I still think they are value for money & don't mind the increase 'IF' it happens.

I still feel angling is a cheap sport compared to others.

Before anyone starts, if you want to be a tackle tart & join expensive syndicates, then yes, it is costly. That is your own doing so therefore dosen't count tongue.gif

lyn

Guest Spiderfan

My club rules stipulate that you must have an EA license and it is checked by a club bailiff along with my club card. I think every club/riparian owner should make this a requirement and enforce it.

During 30+ years fishing, I can count the number of times I've been approached by an NRA/EA official on the fingers of one hand.

Always had one, never had the need for two.

Guest Gaffer

Hi all, I've been checked about once a year for as long as I can remember at different waters by different EA Bailiffs.

I've never been checked whilst fishing in Northamptonshire (where I live), but I've been checked in all the surrounding counties which is a bit wierd.

I mainly use 3 rods and occasionally use 4, so I own two licences which I don't mind paying for, especially when you think a round of golf is about £15.

------------------

All the best, Gaffer

Anglers' Net Members Club

Guest mpbdsnu

I have been checked once last year and once this year so far! I think it would be a good idea if those issuing club tickets/books only did so on production of a valid licence.. imho

I only fish two rods (max) at the moment, but that IS likely to change and I WILL buy two licences. smile.gif