Frenzied Hemp Dynamite - How much do you pay?

Guest Chris Perch

Guest Chris Perch
I do all my particles in an old pressure cooker; keeps all the goodness in (and most of the smell!) and is probably 1/4 of the price of shop bought. Quick to cook, too. Personally, I've always thought the pre-prepared stuff was expensive for what it is - even without the latest price hike. Greedy so and so's :angry:

Hi could you tell me how to prepare some particles in a pressure cooker - how long to soak and cook?

IE- Hemp / Maize / Tiger nuts

THX

Hi could you tell me how to prepare some particles in a pressure cooker - how long to soak and cook?

IE- Hemp / Maize / Tiger nuts

THX

Smaller particles like hemp, pigeon conditioner, wheat and groats don't really need a pre-soak. Ten to fifteen minutes is ample cooking time.

Maize I soak for 24 hours and cook for about 20 to 30 minutes. I've never done tigers, so you'd need to experiment with them, but I'd assume a similar cooking time to maize (after your usual soak).

Don't make the mistake I did and put too much in there, 'cause it will swell up so much that you can't get the lid off :oops:

About a pound at a time is about right, with 4 or 5 pints of water. If you like to add flavours and colours, then do it before boiling and it will be drawn right into the seed. Molasses and yeast extract are my faves, although I religiously (should that be atheistically in my case?) add salt, sugar (as Golden Syrup) and chopped chillies.

NB About 90% of the maize will split, but it's not really a problem for feeding and spodding and you will still end up with more than enough whole ones for the hook.

Edited by robtherake

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

Boyes are doing 700 gramme tins of hemp for £2:49 Carp Vader brand

Available in natural, aniseed and chilli flavours, think I might have to get a few tins in at that price

The green swim stim pellets have done up 60p since yesterday in my local!

Large hemp bottle is 9.50, large tin 2.50 and small tin 2.

Rich