licences

SHIGGI

hi everyone im moving to spain shortly costa blanca, i will be buying a fishing boat over there will i need any licences to fish the med also take out a few freinds, will this come under boat charter? i no i need the icc, thanks

Hi Shiggi,

Most of the regions in Spain have different licensing systems, so it will depend exactly where you are.

In Andalusia you need a boat fishing licence as opposed to a shore fishing one.

You also need a licence to use the boat, depending on how far off shore, size of boat and time of day/night.

Best thing to do is speak to the local marina.

Sorry I can't be more specific.

Buena pesca amigo

hiya, i put an answer to your question,put though elton, in the sea section.

the costa blanca is part of the comunidad valenciana,which has a seperate boat fishing licence.

what is the nearest big town to where you are going?

i would reccomend you get yourself a "gestor" as soon as you arrive, they sort out legal papers for you, and are cheaper than a lawyer.

its important to get your papers right,it saves a LOT of bother.

you will notice numbers on the bows of the boats, these signify, amongst other things, what sort of activities a boat is licenced for.

the authorities can see in an instant, whether an illegal use is being made.

we had a belgian guy in our port last year, who started running unofficial charters.....he was picked up in less than two months, fined, and his boat was conviscated.

its normally the other boatmen who denounce the illegals, and to be honest i dont blame them, if they´ve paid out for their licences!

on a more general note, there have been important changes to health care provisions,for immigrants,in the last two weeks,

it only affects people that are not properly registered though.an example of how a gestor will be useful to you.

good luck, integrate as much as you can. :)