river fishing

ellis88

me and some friends are planning to go fishing the river severn at bridgnorth on saturday aiming to hopefully get some barbell. can anyone tell me what baits are effective for barbell and if its likely we will catch any fish at this time of year. sorry for the stupidity of this but i havent fished for a while.

thanks

ellis

SLAYER!!!!!!!!

Sorry Ellis, but you can't fish rivers until the season opens again on 16th June.

If you have a look at the regs. on your EA rod licence (you have got one haven't you?) you'll see the closed season dates on there.

If you want to go fishing in the meantime you'll need a still water or canal venue - most but not all of these don't have a closed season - but you'll still need a rod licence.

Cheers

Wag

Where's the 'ANY' key?

naughty naughty ellis!!!!,the ea just fined a bloke for fishing a top water in my area for not producing a rod licence...£500!!!,,but seriously if you aint got one buy one mate....you know it makes sense.

"Dont **** in the pool,and then tell me you"ve swallowed some water".

When the season starts again and when you have purchased your rod license etc... The in bait at the moment is the large Halibut pellet fished in conjunction with an open ended feeder plugged with ground bait and filled with micro pellets. You can either hair rig the pellet or use the band, just make sure you keep casting to the same place every time. The BAA control a lot of good water in that area and you can purchase day tickets from the local shop for £4.00 but there is some free water if you go over the old river bridge and turn right and fish alongside the road.

i havent bought my licence yet as i havent fished once since my licence expired dont mind buying one though as ive been told the money from licences go to the upkeep of waters. didnt realise there was a closed season on rivers so ill keep that in mind!

SLAYER!!!!!!!!

i have found a very neat little spot near i live in suffolk which is on the river stour, a wide stretch in suffolk.I cant wait to fish it as there is not that many good stillwaters round my area.Thewater shows presence of big chub and perch.

ellis88:

dont mind buying one though as ive been told the money from licences go to the upkeep of waters.  

You need too buy 1 wherever the money goes too m8. It's not a question of "minding or not" :)

Dan