going to white acres

bigbellybadback

ok i talked her indoors into 2 weeks at white acres . my son is happy catching anything but while fishing with him i would like to have a bash at some decent carp my best being 5 pound . any advice would be great

thanks

Firstly have a look at this http://www.news-reel.com/html/ourparks/our..._lakesguide.htm

Secondly what kind of fishing are you looking to do? pole/feeder/waggler? There are loads of decent carp in most of the pools there except the odd one aimed more at the match angler!

Based on what you've said i'd suggest jennys pool is worth a visit one day! Your son will catch all day on the pole out in front, while you could fish a feeder out to the island in search of the carp which grow big as you'll see from the link!

Just out of curiosity when are you going? I'm making a trip down starting 8th september

Firstly have a look at this http://www.news-reel.com/html/ourparks/our..._lakesguide.htm

Secondly what kind of fishing are you looking to do? pole/feeder/waggler? There are loads of decent carp in most of the pools there except the odd one aimed more at the match angler!

Based on what you've said i'd suggest jennys pool is worth a visit one day! Your son will catch all day on the pole out in front, while you could fish a feeder out to the island in search of the carp which grow big as you'll see from the link!

Just out of curiosity when are you going? I'm making a trip down starting 8th september

cheers for the reply i go on 2nd august .

we will be using waggler or feeder or possibly whips close in . we dont have poles .

we will be fishing as many different lakes as we can . i will have a word with the lads in the tackle shop on the saturday i arrive . i have been buying boilies and pellets over a few weeks .

cant wait

cheers for the reply i go on 2nd august .

we will be using waggler or feeder or possibly whips close in . we dont have poles .

we will be fishing as many different lakes as we can . i will have a word with the lads in the tackle shop on the saturday i arrive . i have been buying boilies and pellets over a few weeks .

cant wait

Yeah its best to talk to them about the lakes that are fishing well, best baits at the time etc! You'll get good sport all day on maggots/casters on the whips though! You should easily beat your best carp though :)