Fishing in the Preston/Garstang area

Akimbo Rob

hi all i've decided to go a bit further afield this weekend and have decided to head to the lancaster canal at preston, is there anyone on here who can tell me 2 things

1. a decent little area for course fishing for 2 people

2. which Angling club owns that section so i can ring them and organise 2 day tickets today prior to heading out tommorow

Hope someone can help me here as i've never fished the lancaster canal and would prefer a decent days fishing rather than sitting there watching an unmoving float all day :)

Cheers Rob

swinghook8.gif

"You hold the future in your hands, teach catch and release"

My Blog:- A Fishermans Dream

Use Google earth to find a basin and somewhere to park. Bit of raking and prebaiting helps. I have never seen a bailiff on the Lancy canal but you could take some cash to pay for day tickets just in case.

Cheers matey, i'll have a do on google earth, i'll keep £20 in my wallet just in case anyone shows if they don't its a sneaky beer at a pub in the area before we leave :) thanks again

swinghook8.gif

Google Salwick basin. ;)

A bit North but there is a basin on Bells Bridge Lane at Ford Green. Look out for the Jumbo Jet on Google earth. :D

Thankyou very much crumper, I've decided to hit Salwick basin tommorow only fault being my mate has now cancelled on me and its a one man effort tommorow :( just bought some bacon for our breakfast too oh well more for me :D

swinghook8.gif

thanks Crumper for telling me about salwick basin got there at 4am yesterday i ended up catching roach perch and skimmer bream from the first cast :) unfortunatley i was moved on from there about 8am by a british waterways official who informed me they were coming in to dredge that section he could not stop apologising for the inconvienience so i ended up fishing the calder at whalley for the rest of the day had a decent perch loads of dace and a chub that i nearly landed till it slipped the hook :( all in all a bloody good day out :)

swinghook8.gif