First session after a few weeks

Adam247

Yesterday managed to persuade my misses to let me go fishing for the day on the terms I was back by half 4. So this morning headed out to a local council lake in Kirkby and set up and baited swims I wanted to target. Firstly the far island bank with the method feeder using micro pellets and B&M brand mini boilies I set myself a hard day with this swim but along with a float rod and telescopic 8 meter pole had the margins covered along with the middle. Bait for these where expander pellets and sweetcorn with ground bait around where I was targeting.

Was an anything will do day as was eager to just catch even if it was a 2oz fish I wouldn't care. After about 30 mins of setting up and casting out I had a small skimmer bream to about 12 oz so was happy I had caught . After several hours and numerous bumped fish on the float changed tackticks to free lining bait to no avail so put the float rod away and kept the pole and method feeder out.

No sooner after putting the float rod back on the quiver the method feeder bent so fast I nearly flew off my seat , and managed to land a nice 2.8lb common unfortunately no pics as phone was dead and no camera. Set back up and cast out again and within seconds a Bream of about 1 1.5 lb was hooked , didn't weigh it as wanted to get it out the net ASAP to reduce cleaning the slime from the net.

After these two good fish the day got a bit too hot and I decised to start packing up and was home by 5, and with me having caught some fish I was happy sothe misses didnt mind too much that I was late home.

Planning another session for the weekend now as in work all week at 5 so would have to be short sessions if I decide on an early morning tickle if line.

Best of all managed to christen the method rod with the carp and was happy catching anything. Next time I'll be sure to have a camera man ( Stubbs you know you want to hahaha) and have a good time. Until then

Tight lines all and hope you had a good day too

HONOR IS DOING THE RIGHT THING, EVEN WHEN NOBODY IS LOOKING ...

Laugh and the world laughs with you; weep, and you weep alone.

"Yes, I will do the opposite. I used to sit here and do nothing and regret it for the rest of the day. So now i will do the opposite, and i will do something..." George Costanza

Nice to see you posting again, Adam. How's the new addition to the family?

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

Nice to see you posting again, Adam. How's the new addition to the family?

Feels good to be posting again thanks rob, new addition to family is great she has settled down well and in a routien now so lucky with the two of them can se me having trouble when they are older with boys lol, maybe take them fishing and get them into the sport when they are old enough ( next year for Payton) and hope it sways them away from them till at least 30 haha. Hoping to get back out on Sunday weather permitting for an othe feeder session this time at a different lake closer to home (15 min walk)

How have you been tho rob everything good with your family ?

HONOR IS DOING THE RIGHT THING, EVEN WHEN NOBODY IS LOOKING ...

Laugh and the world laughs with you; weep, and you weep alone.

"Yes, I will do the opposite. I used to sit here and do nothing and regret it for the rest of the day. So now i will do the opposite, and i will do something..." George Costanza