who likes battlin springs on light gear.[fraser river bouncin]

kevin

Hi Kevin,

Been over three times, amazing fishing!

Fished with Fred's guides twice and last year with Marc Laynes.

Caught lots of sturgeon up to three hundred or so.

You are indeed fortunate, imo the Fraser and Harrison area offers some of the best fishing in the world.

Hi Kevin, I was staying in Vancouver with friends but we fished around Mission quite a few times with Ken Fraser(Frasers tackle) for Sturgeon, totally awesome, the biggest my mate has had out there was about 1000lb (14ft long).

Also fished up by Hope, the Fraser is a lot narrower and faster up there but the average size of fish is a lot bigger than around Mission the smallest we had up there were over 100lb whereas around Mission we used to get quite a few under 20lb before hooking into the big ones.

Had salmon from the Fraser, Harrison,Vedder,Sumas, Chilliwack and lots of places. Trout from Alice lakes, basically we travelled all over I used to really enjoy spending a few weeks out there during the summer really fabulous country and looking forward to going back sometime.

The Sumas I seem to recall was over abbotsford way, didn't realise there used to be lakes there as well. Shame would have thought there was enough land without filling in lakes.

Going over to Toronto next week so am intending to check out the carp fishing etc. Doubt it will be as much fun as BC Sturgeon but I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

hey hey paul! you just said the magic word.i am in chilliwack.i got over 20 years fishing these waters.sumas lake started toward chilliwack and flowed towards abbotsford.that whole flats between the 2 towns were sumas lake.some of my best days are from the vedder.my biggest stealhead is 18pou 7 ounce.got photos to prove it.but oh ya i broke many a good rod on our sturgeon.right now im just trying to figure out how to buy a new outboard for my river boat.god i hope soon.the fraser is swollen and the sturgeon are screamin my name.hope to here back.talk to ya soon.