What do you do for a living?

Guest Elton

Hi all, I'm the Production Manager for the largest Independently owned contact lens manufacturer in europe.

Not only do we make lenses for corrections, but we make a lot of cometic lenses especially for the film industry.

Too many films to mention, but here's a few; Wolf, Interview with a Vampire, Lion bar advert, Star wars(Darth Maul), Seven, Twelve Monkeys, Linford Cristie(puma), Harry Potter..

Atb,

Gaffer.

Guest Trevor Babich

Hi Guys,

as little as posible it interfers with my outdoor activities. In between these ,wife and self have our own printing business and as soon as she learns the ropes I am out of here.

We also decided to put up a website www.fishingowl.co.za its bloody hard work as Elton would know, particularily as in our case we are complete amateurs.

But we are having fun.

I think this chat section is a great idea.

Regards,

Trevor.

P.S. I am off to drown some trout flies in the Eastern Transvaal

Guest fisherking

Hi all,

Self employed Painter/Decorator but at the moment its gone a bit slack so done nothing for three weeks and could'nt even get on the rivers cause of flooding.Ive just phoned the hotline for the Ribble and it is 0.3 up and falling so I guess I will get a phone call for work any minute now.

John.

Guest Ian Cresswell

Hi All,

Self employed (semi-retired) Java Systems Architect & Builder (mostly mobile agent stuff, cryptographic systems and network/server side programming). But that's only when the food, beer and fishing bills get too big to cope with of course :-)

I'm also a PAA coach and I'm looking to buy a fishery at the moment ...

Cheers,

Ian.

Cheers,

Ian.

Guest RobStubbs

Elton,

I'm a scientist (at least that's what it says in my job description biggrin.gif ). I work in a biochemical laboratory but spend more and more time infront of a computer writing reports and stuff <yawn>.

Rob.

Guest fisherman

Hi all. I am a builder but my main trade is roofing, slates and tiles that is not this felted stuff.

Hobbies, Fishing sea and coarse, keeping fish, tropical and cold water, gardening, bird keeping, love birds and finches, hell have I really got the time to work. smile.gif

Dave

I'm an estate management officer (EMO) look after 230 houses with 230 'nice' occupants phoning me about there taps dripping etc.

Storm damage calls:- I have water in my garden, felt like phoning back & saying " be thankfull it's not in your house!" several to say their letter boxes rattled in the wind, what could I do to stop it! sad....

also full time single mum, can I be one of those & work full time?

Supposed to have my housing course finished by the end of the month, only got another 8 assignments & a project to do about 12000 words eek.gif

lyn

Guest Bruno Broughton

I'm self-employed and do a raft of jobs - fisheries management consultant for the last 13 years; Technical Director to the Angling Trade Association; part-time college lecturer (fisheries studies); Administrator to the Professional Anglers' Association; and frelance angling journalist.

Not that I'm busy or anything... smile.gif

------------------

Bruno

I used to be a contract computer consultant for 12 years, worked and lived in Holland and OZ.

Just become a Microsoft Certified Professional, yesterday, and am studying for the Microsoft Cetified Systems Engineer exam by the end of the year.

Still waiting to see if I'm off to Afghanistan to help out with tele-medicine

should hear in the next few weeks, hopefully.

Bet that surprised U eh?

True tho'

Anyways,

I'm thinking a WAP site might be an idea,

so anglers can log on when they're on the bank fishing, to catch the latest stuff.

Then they can keep up to date with any new posts to the AnglersNet, in real time.

maybe even get hints for baits etc,

while they are fishing.

The thing is its free to get emails on Vodafone at the moment (till Xmas)

so why not make the most of it.

Cheers

Liam

ps still dunno what "discworld" is, but am too embarrassed to mention it biggrin.gif

Just thought!

That's what I USED to do.

Now I teach IT in a drop-in for mental health users (3 hours a week)

For the next few weeks,

I've got my work cut out studying.

either for the mcse, or if I get the go ahead for Afghanistan, I'll have to drop that and study networking etc.

I'm on the dole, and luvvv it !

Just wish I was somewhere sunny

(like Trevor & Sue)

Cheers

Liam