Music (or not)

Guest gray-catchpole

Guest Bruno Broughton
Originally posted by thecarpangler:

You'll hear me turn up at the Kempsey fish-in Bruno, probably while I'm still passing Swindon

rolleyes.gif Not in Newport I won't!

After your sound system has blown the boot outa your 'wheels', you could try:-

1. Over & Over - Neil Young

2. Midnight Blue - Lou Gramm

3. Things Are Gonna Work Out Fine - Ry Cooder

cool.gif

------------------

Bruno

Originally posted by Wordbender:

Yeah - mainly because you think Dolores is a right little sort. Obviously, I appreciate her vocal talents, but then I'm already me, whereas you are still, unshiftingly you. See? That's you told for thinking moist things about Dolores. :-)

Take It Easy,

Terry.

I'm listening to the album as I pack my case...the title track, No Need To Argue, has definitely got me all squiffy. I hope she's single and has a penchant for fat blokes tongue.gif

Elton

------------------

Elton Murphy

Anglers' Net

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk

Guest pete falloon
Originally posted by Bruno Broughton:

rolleyes.gif Not in Newport I won't!

After your sound system has blown the boot outa your 'wheels', you could try:-

1. Over & Over - Neil Young

2. Midnight Blue - Lou Gramm

3. Things Are Gonna Work Out Fine - Ry Cooder

cool.gif

Bruno, bruno, bruno, you got it all wrong. You want 'everbody knows this is nowhere' for your Neil Young, or even After the Goldrush. Now that's great music. Er, don't even know over & over..... biggrin.gif

I'd like to add another name to the list - Jools Holland. I went to see him last night at the Royal Albert Hall with his full Rhythm & Blues Orchestra and it was flippin' brilliant. The RHA rocked smile.gif Proper musicians playing with obvious enjoyment and it shows - they seem to have as good a time as the audience. The audience ranged from kids to 70+ pensioners and everybody (and I mean EVERYBODY) was having it large (I believe that's the expression the youth of today use).

Special highlight was when Mark Almond came on and did 'Say Hello, Wave Goodbye'. Took me right back to my teens it did, and the guy can still sing a damn good song.

If you get the chance to see him then take it - you won't regret it!

Guest Bruno Broughton
Originally posted by pete falloon:

You want 'everbody knows this is nowhere' for your Neil Young, or even After the Goldrush. Now that's great music. Er, don't even know over & over..... biggrin.gif

Catch-up time - check out the album: 'Ragged Glory', by Neil Young & Crazy Horse (1990) which includes the epic, aforementioned 'Over & Over' track (8.27 minutes), Reprise records. You won't be disappointed if you like throaty, emotional lyrics and the sort of soul-cutting guitar work which, subsequently, has been poorly aped by Oasis, Travis, Stone Roses and other kiddie bands.

------------------

Bruno

Guest piscary

Dire Straits, Eric Clapton, Gary Moore, Emmylou, Roderigo, Puccini, Elvis, Bryan Adams, Mozart, Beethoven, Elton John, Jim Croce, Queen, Saxophonists, Harmonica Players and Drummers but not necessarily in that order.

The Eagles, Guns 'n' Roses, Pink Floyd, The Dutch Swing College Band, bits of Prokofiev, and Verdi, Supertramp, Thin Lizzy, Saxophonists, Drummers and Harmonica Players.

Rosie

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Graham E

The Doors ( not the commercial stuff)

King Crimson, the Who, The real Old Blues, Muddy Waters etc and Opera.

And my little girl who has passed 2 recent drum exams.

Guest Steve Randles

Pink Floyd, the Doors,Genesis,Clapton,Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker,Howlin' Wolf, Rolling Stones,U2, The Band,Stevie Ray Vaughn, Paul Weller, The Eagles, The Beatles,Led Zeppelin and a 1001 others!!!

Sad old rocker and Bluesman me! biggrin.gif

------------------

Tight Lines

Steve Randles