What works for you

Guest david platt

Guest david platt

Right you!ve been down the pub all night,you!ve had a skinfull,about eleventeen pints,you walk home with your head bent back so you dont spill any,and you do the walk ( one stepforwards three steps back you know just like tonight, you manage to find your way home only to find some ones nicked your key hole after trying all your keys without success,you lean on the door,and fall in,your

little lady remembers the last time and left the door off the latch,you stagger up stairs

just get into the bedroom switch on the light

and then it starts, you hang on to the doorjam as the room begins to spin,when the bed comes past for the forth time,you make a leap for it and miss it by yards landing with your head under the foot of the bed with

one almighty crash, and your dear sweet lady

asking daft questions like, DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS,AND YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN HERE HOURS AGO WHAT KEPT YOU ? and like a pill--k

you answer, Why What happend.

No seriously though when you have had a skin full down at the local,and you get home,you get in bed and the room starts going round

how do you personally stop it,I found( and I must say at this point,after long and careful

research) if I put my face into the pillow

whilst lying on my stomach the room stops and I can drop off to sleep,I would be interested to hear what works for you.

Goodnight all

David

[This message has been edited by david platt (edited 19 November 2000).]

Guest gray-catchpole

biggrin.gifnice one david

after many years of practice and " oh leave him at the bottom of the stairs, he`ll be ok" i dont get many spinning rooms, i tend to get the "oh my god what did i do last night syndrome" this works in two ways

1.your really that sloshed, that you cant remember.

2. your really sloshed, you know you did something bad, but you choose not to remember.

when i was younger i had the "im in the toilet, so il have a wee" syndrom

needles to say i was hardly ever in a toilet, and, people either got wet or ide be in a wardrobe or even worse, peeing on some pore sod that was asleep biggrin.gif

boose eh

how am i going to get up to bed tonight, on a cider glider again, will i remember posting this in the morning, i bloody well hope not biggrin.gif

------------------

gray-catchpole

http://catchpole.cjb.net

mailto:catchpole@go-fishing.co.ukcatchpole@go-fishing.co.uk

[This message has been edited by gray-catchpole (edited 19 November 2000).]

The room spinning thing usually means i'm gonna chuck!! eventually! I'll lay there and shut my eyes and hopefully pass out/fall asleep (best try clambering into the bath?). if that doesn't work i'll generally go and make myself sick (usually on myself). I prefer to do this by drinking more alcohol. Being a young'un i tend to drink these 'designer' caffeine drinks this usually means i really wanna get to sleep but you feel like this -> eek.gif and when you eventually get to sleep you find yourself waking up feeling like this -> eek.gif

Drink is your friend!!

Bretty

Guest Scott.Ashworth

Too right Bretty, drink is your friend. Funny how the wife doesn't agree when i've been out for that fateful one pint that turns into a hell of a lot more(i can't say how many just in case she reads this and sees exactly how much i do drink when out with the lads!!).I've actually been in an affair since i met my wife, with a beautiful little thing by the name of stella.

I don't normally get the room swaying as i've usually bypassed that bit and gone straight to the unconscious stage. I also live in a flat so there's no stairs to navigate makes life much easier.

Beers,

------------------

Ashy

Guest pete falloon

The only problem with Dr Booze it that his prescriptions seem so wonderful when he dishes them out. But some hours later, when their good effects have left one's bloodstream, I can't help but feel let down by the good doctor. Of course, his only suggestion to heal this terrible illness, is...

more booze!

Hair-of-the-dog, anyone?

Guest Keith Truscott

Pleased to see i'm not the only one that uses the wardrobe,chest of drawers,end of the bed etc. anywhere other than the bathroom. Could relate some funny stories from my misspent youth on this but wont or daren't.

Like a lot of other people on here find the only cure for room spinning is the finger down the throat job.

With regard to the wife problem the best cure for this was told to me by a friend his theory was that normaly when you turn up late after a night out with the boys (or girls) you usually creep in trying to be quiet but in your drunken stupour you always manage to wake the whole house up, plus you can always garuntee that she will be awake just waiting with a few kind words.

His aproach was to make as much noise as possible, slam the front door shut, bang up the stairs smash the bedroom door open while ripping your clothes off declaring at the same time "BY GOD I FEEL HORNY" and you can garuntee she will be asleep.

Don't know if he tried if he did he's a braver man than me.

Keith

Guest Alan Taylor
Originally posted by Keith Truscott:

Pleased to see i'm not the only one that uses the wardrobe,chest of drawers,end of the bed etc. anywhere other than the bathroom. Could relate some funny stories from my misspent youth on this but wont or daren't.

Like a lot of other people on here find the only cure for room spinning is the finger down the throat job.

With regard to the wife problem the best cure for this was told to me by a friend his theory was that normaly when you turn up late after a night out with the boys (or girls) you usually creep in trying to be quiet but in your drunken stupour you always manage to wake the whole house up, plus you can always garuntee that she will be awake just waiting with a few kind words.

His aproach was to make as much noise as possible, slam the front door shut, bang up the stairs smash the bedroom door open while ripping your clothes off declaring at the same time "BY GOD I FEEL HORNY" and you can garuntee she will be asleep.

Don't know if he tried if he did he's a braver man than me.

Keith

Saw a cartoon on similar lines to this, guy gets home, gets into bed from the bottom of the bed and crawls half way up the bed. Picture of elderly lady with big smile on her face, next the gentleman goes to the kitchen for a drink where his wife is having a cup of tea, she says helo darling, had a good night, try not to make too much noise my mother is staying for a few days.

I used to get problems with beer, peeing too much and hang overs. I stopped drinking for a year and when I started again it was on the wine and then onto the spirits with no ill effects. I now restrict myself to wine in the week and a bottle of whiskey on Friday and Saturday.

Jan 2 2001 I will stop drinking again for 6 months.

New topic coming up here "New Years Resolutions" (serious ones or not)

Alan(nl)

Guest Roy Meincken

Oh boy some good stuff here - been away from this site a while so a bit late..

I've got this peculiar habit, whenever I've had a skinfull of bringing something home for the loveley Janey.

For example, after a particularly vicious night on the sauce at Wycombe Wanderers FC last Monday, I ended up at home with this bloody great helium filled "Bird" thingy. All shiney and colourful, bloody thing about 6 foot diameter.

Bit of trouble getting it through the front door, dog went bananas, dragged it upstairs and (apparently) told Janey, "It's alright love, I've brought you something nice"

Then there was the occasion involving some kippers, but that can wait for another day...

Roy

------------------

Guest thecarpangler

It doesn't happen that often, but when it does I usually can't even find my way home.

I've woken up in fields, shop doorways and after one quite heavy session Wolverhampton. (I live in Hampshire!!!)

Uncle Jack certainly had some explaining to do after that one.....

Rik

Guest Vigiles

I normally end up in somebody elses house as they too have left the door in the latch. And the wife normally screeams when she wakes up, Becauce she has just found out she has been Touching up The wrong guy. biggrin.gif I find it quite nice for a short time and then the hang over kicks in.

[This message has been edited by Vigiles (edited 25 November 2000).]