Friends

Guest lyn

I was so shocked & upset to hear about Gordon yesterday. It is so stange but I rerally feel I have lost a good friend. I am trying to put this into perspective. I only ever spoke to Gordon once on the phone & of course on here.

It's like when we went to the 'Fish In' at Wingham, a friend gave me a right telling off for taking the boys down there & fishing with a load of men I'd never met before. I said to her that it was strange but it was like meeting up with some old friends.

Some of us met again at the NASA do 7 just chated away as though we were friends meeting again.

I don't know if anyone else feels like this.

Elton can you please remove my post 'Barbel return' as in it I've asked where Gordon is, well now we know.

I'm still having problems with my email Elton but please count me in.

Roy thank you for the email.

I sat yesterday and wrote this for Gordon

Dear Gordon we shall miss you here

I'm probably not the only one to shed a tear

Although like me a lot met you never

As me they feel the've lost a friend forever

We will miss your charm, knowledge, advice & wit

There really are times life's a ****

You have been taken from us all

Your family & friends can't understand why you got the call

The only guarentee in life is it's end

Now God has taken you, our friend!

tight lines from us all Gordon

PS If he & Vic Gillings are together, I tell you with the dry sense of humour they both had, the bankside banter will be a laugh a minute biggrin.gif

tight lines from u

Guest pete falloon

Lyn

I did think about this last week. But maybe it's not really that odd meeting up with people you've only met on the net. It's not so different from meeting them down the pub or wherever, perhaps wink.gif

I'm always open to expanding the horizons a bit, meeting people with a different outlook. So if we all get some new mates, i think that's great.

I feel oddly similar about Gordon. I can't explain that - and was vey much looking forward to meeting him at some point. I guess it's a bit like Pen Friends for grown ups. Not that you could use that term to describe me, despite my age!